Toward a Model of Venture Capital Investment Decision Making
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yung, Chris, 2019. "Entrepreneurial manipulation with staged financing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 273-282.
- Petty, Jeffrey S. & Gruber, Marc, 2011. ""In pursuit of the real deal": A longitudinal study of VC decision making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 172-188, March.
- Patzelt, Holger & zu Knyphausen-Aufseß, Dodo & Fischer, Heiko T., 2009. "Upper echelons and portfolio strategies of venture capital firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 558-572, November.
- Hsu, David H., 2007. "Experienced entrepreneurial founders, organizational capital, and venture capital funding," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 722-741, June.
- Epure, Mircea & Guasch, Martí, 2020.
"Debt signaling and outside investors in early stage firms,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(2).
- Mircea Epure & Martí Guasch, 2015. "Debt signaling and outside investors in early stage firms," Economics Working Papers 1546, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 2019.
- Mircea Epure & Martí Guasch, 2016. "Debt Signaling and Outside Investors in Early Stage Firms," Working Papers 941, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Gorman, Gary G. & Rosa, Peter J. & Faseruk, Alex, 2005. "Institutional lending to knowledge-based businesses," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 793-819, November.
- Bruton, Garry D. & Ahlstrom, David, 2003. "An institutional view of China's venture capital industry: Explaining the differences between China and the West," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 233-259, March.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & D’Adda, Diego & Quas, Anita, 2019. "The geography of venture capital and entrepreneurial ventures’ demand for external equity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 1150-1170.
- Fried, Vance H. & Bruton, Garry D. & Hisrich, Robert D., 1998. "Strategy and the board of directors in venture capital-backed firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 493-503, November.
- Bengtsson, Ola & Hsu, David H., 2015.
"Ethnic matching in the U.S. venture capital market,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 338-354.
- Bengtsson, Ola & Hsu, David H., 2013. "Ethnic Matching in the U.S. Venture Capital Market," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2013/8, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Wright, Mike & Robbie, Ken & Ennew, Christine, 1997. "Venture capitalists and serial entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 227-249, May.
- Jones, Raymond J. & Barnir, Anat, 2019. "Properties of opportunity creation and discovery: Comparing variation in contexts of innovativeness," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1-10.
- Dunne, Timothy C. & Clark, Brent B. & Berns, John P. & McDowell, William C., 2019. "The technology bias in entrepreneur-investor negotiations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 258-269.
- Polzin, Friedemann & Sanders, Mark & Stavlöt, Ulrika, 2018. "Do investors and entrepreneurs match? – Evidence from The Netherlands and Sweden," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 112-126.
- Lerner, Daniel A., 2016. "Behavioral disinhibition and nascent venturing: Relevance and initial effects on potential resource providers," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 234-252.
- Anjos, Fernando & Drexler, Alejandro, 2015. "Inter-company matching and the supply of informed capital," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 119-136.
- Kollmann, Tobias & Kuckertz, Andreas, 2010. "Evaluation uncertainty of venture capitalists' investment criteria," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 741-747, July.
- Woike, Jan K. & Hoffrage, Ulrich & Petty, Jeffrey S., 2015. "Picking profitable investments: The success of equal weighting in simulated venture capitalist decision making," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1705-1716.
- Ko, Eun-Jeong & McKelvie, Alexander, 2018. "Signaling for more money: The roles of founders' human capital and investor prominence in resource acquisition across different stages of firm development," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 438-454.
- Wry, Tyler & Lounsbury, Michael, 2013. "Contextualizing the categorical imperative: Category linkages, technology focus, and resource acquisition in nanotechnology entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 117-133.
- Wiltbank, Robert & Read, Stuart & Dew, Nicholas & Sarasvathy, Saras D., 2009. "Prediction and control under uncertainty: Outcomes in angel investing," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 116-133, March.
- Amit, Raphael & Brander, James & Zott, Christoph, 1998. "Why do venture capital firms exist? theory and canadian evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 441-466, November.
- Sardo, Filipe & Serrasqueiro, Zélia & Félix, Elisabete G.S., 2020. "Does Venture Capital affect capital structure rebalancing? The case of small knowledge-intensive service firms," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 170-179.
- Hansen, David J. & Deacon, Jonathan H. & Pascal, Vincent & Sethna, Zubin, 2020. "The future is in the past: A framework for the Marketing-Entrepreneurship Interface (MEI)," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 198-208.
- Townsend, David M. & Busenitz, Lowell W., 2015. "Turning water into wine? Exploring the role of dynamic capabilities in early-stage capitalization processes," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 292-306.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fma:fmanag:fried94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fmaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.