Market Response to Product-Strategy and Capital-Expenditure Announcements in Singapore: Investment Opportunities and Free Cash Flow
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sweeney, Richard J, 1986. " Beating the Foreign Exchange Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 163-182, March.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1983. "Transaction costs and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-79, June.
- Neely, Christopher & Weller, Paul & Dittmar, Rob, 1997.
"Is Technical Analysis in the Foreign Exchange Market Profitable? A Genetic Programming Approach,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(04), pages 405-426, December.
- Dittmar, Robert & Neely, Christopher J & Weller, Paul, 1996. "Is Technical Analysis in the Foreign Exchange Market Profitable? A Genetic Programming Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 1480, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher J. Neely & Paul A. Weller & Robert Dittmar, 1997. "Is technical analysis in the foreign exchange market profitable? a genetic programming approach," Working Papers 1996-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kandel, Shmuel & Stambaugh, Robert F, 1996.
" On the Predictability of Stock Returns: An Asset-Allocation Perspective,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 385-424, June.
- Shmuel Kandel & Robert F. Stambaugh, 1995. "On the Predictability of Stock Returns: An Asset-Allocation Perspective," NBER Working Papers 4997, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1988. "Dividend yields and expected stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-25, October.
- Jensen, Michael C & Bennington, George A, 1970. "Random Walks and Technical Theories: Some Additional Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 469-482, May.
- Gray, Philip K & Gray, Stephen F, 1997. " Testing Market Efficiency: Evidence from the NFL Sports Betting Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1725-1737, September.
- Knez, Peter J & Ready, Mark J, 1996. "Estimating the Profits from Trading Strategies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(4), pages 1121-1163.
- Chan, Louis K. C. & Lakonishok, Josef, 1993. "Institutional trades and intraday stock price behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 173-199, April.
- Golec, Joseph & Tamarkin, Maurry, 1991. "The degree of inefficiency in the football betting market : Statistical tests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 311-323, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Sheng-Syan & Ho, Kim Wai & Lee, Cheng-few & Yeo, Gillian H. H., 2000. "Investment opportunities, free cash flow and market reaction to international joint ventures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1747-1765, November.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Lai, Jung-Ho, 2008. "The effect of alliance experience and intellectual capital on the value creation of international strategic alliances," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 298-316, April.
- Chen, Sheng-Syan & Ho, Kim Wai, 2000. "Corporate diversification, ownership structure, and firm value: The Singapore evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 315-326.
- Aybar, Bülent & Thanakijsombat, Thanarerk, 2015. "Financing decisions and gains from cross-border acquisitions by emerging-market acquirers," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 69-80.
- David Hillier & Julio Pindado & Valdoceu de Queiroz & Chabela de la Torre, 2011. "The impact of country-level corporate governance on research and development," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 42(1), pages 76-98, January.
- Chen, Li-Yu & Lai, Jung-Ho & Chen, Carl R., 2015. "Multiple directorships and the performance of mergers & acquisitions," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 178-198.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Huang, Ping-Chang, 2002. "Corporate multinationalism, organizational learning, and market reaction to international joint ventures: Evidence from Taiwan," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 181-194.
- Jian, Ming & Lee, Kin Wai, 2011. "Does CEO reputation matter for capital investments?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 929-946, September.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Liu, Yichen, 2004. "Why firms use convertibles: A further test of the sequential-financing hypothesis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1163-1183, May.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Liang Li, 2014. "Valuing Resource Investments," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 14-27, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Chu, Wai-Kwong & Yang, Nien-Tzu & Yang, Sheng-Yung, 2016. "Corporate governance’ impact on research and development," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2239-2243.
- Golec, Joseph & Gupta, Neeraj J., 2014. "Do investments in intangible customer assets affect firm value?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 513-520.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Sen, Nilanjan & Lim, Chee Yeow & Yeo, Gillian H. H., 2002. "Corporate focus versus diversification: the role of growth opportunities and cashflow," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 231-252, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fma:fmanag:chen97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fmaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.