The case for flexible exchange rates, 1969
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boyer, Russell S., 2009. "Reflections on Milton Friedman's contributions to open economy money/macro," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1097-1116, November.
- Janků, Jan & Libich, Jan, 2019.
"Ignorance isn't bliss: Uninformed voters drive budget cycles,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 21-43.
- Jan Janku & Jan Libich, 2018. "Ignorance isn’t bliss: Uninformed voters drive budget cycles," CAMA Working Papers 2018-02, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Peter B. Clark, 1973. "Uncertainty, Exchange Risk, And The Level Of International Trade," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 11(3), pages 302-313, September.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Horvath, Julius & Fidrmuc, Jarko, 1999.
"The Stability of Monetary Unions: Lessons from the Breakup of Czechoslovakia,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 753-781, December.
- Fidrmuc, J. & Horváth, J., 1998. "Stability of Monetary Unions : Lessons from the Break-Up of Czechoslovakia," Discussion Paper 1998-74, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Horvath, Julius & Fidrmuc, Jarko, 1999. "Stability of Monetary Unions: Lessons from the Break-up of Czechoslovakia," Transition Economics Series 10, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Fidrmuc, Jan & Horvath, Julius & Fidrmuc, Jarko, 1999. "Stability of monetary unions: Lessons from the break-up of Czechoslovakia," ZEI Working Papers B 17-1999, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Landais, Bernard, 2018.
"Renoncer à la théorie des zones monétaires optimales ?
[Renouncing to the Optimal Currency Aera Theory ?]," MPRA Paper 85695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor, 2017.
"International Monetary Relations: Taking Finance Seriously,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 3-28, Summer.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor, 2017. "International Monetary Relations: Taking Finance Seriously," NBER Working Papers 23440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Taylor, Alan M., 2017. "International Monetary Relations: Taking Finance Seriously," CEPR Discussion Papers 12079, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward Nelson, 2020.
"The Continuing Validity of Monetary Policy Autonomy under Floating Exchange Rates,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 16(2), pages 81-123, March.
- Edward Nelson, 2017. "The Continuing Validity of Monetary Policy Autonomy Under Floating Exchange Rates," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-112, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Michael R. Darby & James Lothian, 1989. "The International Transmission of Inflation Afloat," NBER Chapters, in: Money, History, and International Finance: Essays in Honor of Anna J. Schwartz, pages 203-244, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fels, Joachim, 1989. "Konjunkturzusammenhang und Politikautonomie bei flexiblen Wechselkursen: Die Erfahrungen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland seit 1973," Kiel Working Papers 362, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gail Makinen, 2013. "Are Central Bankers Currency Manipulators?," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(3), pages 231-239, September.
- Dellas, Harris & Tavlas, George S., 2009. "An optimum-currency-area odyssey," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1117-1137, November.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2020.
"Harry Johnson’s “Case for Flexible Exchange Rates” – 50 Years Later,"
NBER Working Papers
26874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 2020. "Harry Johnson's "Case for Flexible Exchange Rates" - 50 Years Later," CEPR Discussion Papers 14488, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mario Gómez Aguirre & José Carlos A. Rodríguez Chávez, 2012. "Análisis de la paridad del poder de compra: evidencia empírica entre México y Estados Unidos," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 27(1), pages 169-207.
- Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2016.
"Particularitǎţi ale evoluţiei variabilelor financiare
[Some particularities of the financial variables evolution]," MPRA Paper 73481, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Sep 2016.
- Fels, Joachim, 1990. "Flexible exchange rates and insulation: A reexamination," Kiel Working Papers 444, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lothian, James R. & McCarthy, Cornelia H., 2009.
"The behavior of money and other economic variables: Two natural experiments,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1204-1220, November.
- James R. Lothian & Cornelia H. McCarthy, 2003. "The Behavior of Money and Other Economic Variables: Two Natural Experiments," International Finance 0311011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wagener, Hans-Jürgen & Eger, Thomas, 2014. "Interne vs. externe Abwertung: Außenwirtschaftliches Ungleichgewicht im Eurosystem," Beiträge zur Jahrestagung 2014 (Goettingen) 107398, Verein für Socialpolitik, Ausschuss für Wirtschaftssysteme und Institutionenökonomik.
- Edwin M. Truman, 1989. "International economic policy: the role of exchange rates," International Finance Discussion Papers 356, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1989.
- Domac, Ilker & Mendoza, Alfonso, 2004. "Is there room for foreign exchange interventions under an inflation targeting framework ? Evidence from Mexico and Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3288, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy; Foreign exchange rates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1969:i:june:p:12-24:n:v.51no.6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.