Risk and return in banking: evidence from bank stock returns
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Gilkeson & Sylvia Hudgins & Craig Ruff, 1997. "Testing the effectiveness of regulatory interest rate risk measurement," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 21(2), pages 27-37, June.
- Beverly Hirtle, 1997.
"Derivatives, Portfolio Composition, and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 243-266, October.
- Beverly J. Hirtle, 1996. "Derivatives, Portfolio Composition and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-43, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Mark E. Levonian, 1991. "Have large banks become riskier? recent evidence from option markets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 3-17.
- Faff, R. W. & Howard, P. F., 1999. "Interest rate risk of Australian financial sector companies in a period of regulatory change," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 83-101, February.
- Adjaoud, Fodil & Rahman, Abdul, 1996. "A note on the temporal variability of Canadian financial services stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 165-177, January.
- Agusman, Agusman & Monroe, Gary S. & Gasbarro, Dominic & Zumwalt, J.K., 2008. "Accounting and capital market measures of risk: Evidence from Asian banks during 1998-2003," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 480-488, April.
- Alan Hess & Kirati Laisathit, 1997. "A Market-based Risk Classification of Financial Institutions," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 133-158, October.
- Jeff Madura & Oliver Schnusenberg, 2000. "Effect Of Federal Reserve Policies On Bank Equity Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 421-447, December.
- Jonathan A. Neuberger, 1992. "Bank holding company stock risk and the composition of bank asset portfolios," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 53-62.
- Alan C. Hess & Kirati Laisathit, 1996. "A Market-Based Risk Classification of Financial Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-37, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kavussanos, Manolis G. & Marcoulis, Stelios N., 2004. "4. Cross-Industry Comparisons Of The Behaviour Of Stock Returns In Shipping, Transportation And Other Industries," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 107-142, January.
- Pariyada Sukcharoensin, 2013. "Time-Varying Market, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of Thai Commercial Banks," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 9(1), pages 25-45.
- Trappey, Charles V. & Shih, Tsui-Yii & Trappey, Amy J.C., 2007. "Modeling international investment decisions for financial holding companies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(2), pages 800-814, July.
- Michael Isimbabi & Alan Tucker, 1997. "The market perception of banking industry risk: A multifactor analysis," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(1), pages 99-112, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBank stocks ; Risk ; Bank holding companies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfer:y:1991:i:fall:p:18-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .