China's Outward FDI: An Industry-Level Analysis of Host-Country Determinants
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alessia Amighini & Roberta Rabellotti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2011. "China's Outward FDI: An Industry-level Analysis of Host Country Determinants," CESifo Working Paper Series 3688, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bonaglia, Federico & Goldstein, Andrea & Mathews, John A., 2007. "Accelerated internationalization by emerging markets' multinationals: The case of the white goods sector," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 369-383, December.
- Federico BONAGLIA & Andrea GOLDSTEIN & John MATHEWS, 2006.
"Accelerated Internationalisation by Emerging Multinationals: the Case of White Goods Sector,"
270, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bonaglia, Federico & Goldstein, Andrea & Mathews, John, 2006. "Accelerated Internationalisation by Emerging Multinationals: the Case of White Goods Sector," MPRA Paper 1485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isabel Faeth, 2009. "Determinants Of Foreign Direct Investment - A Tale Of Nine Theoretical Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 165-196, February.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Guagliano, Claudia, 2003. "Comparative study of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 223-246, June.
- Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Paloni, Alberto & Youssef, Ali, 2001. "Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1593-1610, September.
- Bruce Blonigen, 2005.
"A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(4), pages 383-403, December.
- Bruce A. Blonigen, 2005. "A Review of the Empirical Literature on FDI Determinants," NBER Working Papers 11299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kravis, Irving B. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1982.
"The location of overseas production and production for export by U.S. multinational firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1980. "The Location of Overseas Production and Production for Export by U.S. Multinational Firms," NBER Working Papers 0482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohsin Habib & Leon Zurawicki, 2002. "Corruption and Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(2), pages 291-307, June.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra & Mehmet Genc, 2008. "Transforming disadvantages into advantages: developing-country MNEs in the least developed countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(6), pages 957-979, September.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2001. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment: Sensitivity Analyses of Cross-Country Regressions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 89-113.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig, 2009. "What determines Chinese outward FDI?," CMI Working Papers 3, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Zhang, Ying & Filippov, Sergey, 2009. "Internationalization of Chinese firms in Europe," MERIT Working Papers 041, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2011. "Chinese FDI strategy in Italy: the 'Marco Polo' effect," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(4), pages 277-291.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vito Amendolagine & Claudio Cozza & Roberta Rabellotti, 2015.
"Chinese and Indian Multinationals: A Firm-Level Analysis of their Investments in Europe,"
Global Economic Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 452-469, December.
- Amendolagine , Vito & Cozza , Claudio & Rabellotti , Roberta, 2014. "Chinese and Indian Multinationals: A Firm-Level Analysis of their Investments in Europe," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/27, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- You, Kefei & Solomon, Offiong Helen, 2015. "China's outward foreign direct investment and domestic investment: An industrial level analysis," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 249-260.
- Süssmuth, Bernd & Gawellek, Bastian & Lyu, Jingjing, 2015. "Did Chinese Outward Activity Attenuate or Aggravate the Great Recession in Developing Countries?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112994, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Marco Mele & Angelo Quarto, 2017. "A Gravitational Model for Estimate the Determinants of Outward Foreign Direct Investment of China," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 1-5.
- Curran, Louise & Lv, Ping & Spigarelli, Francesca, 2017. "Chinese investment in the EU renewable energy sector: Motives, synergies and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 670-682.
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:42:p:4231-4240 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bastian Gawellek & Jingjing Lyu & Bernd Süssmuth, 2016. "Did Chinese Outward Activity Attenuate or Aggravate the Great Recession in Developing Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5735, CESifo Group Munich.
- Toure Mamoudou & Cédric Achille Mbeng Mezui, 2017. "Working Paper 271 - Facteurs déterminants des IDE en Afrique," Working Paper Series 2388, African Development Bank.
- Alessia Amighini & Claudio Cozza & Elisa Giuliani & Roberta Rabellotti & Vittoria Scalera, 2015. "Multinational enterprises from emerging economies: what theories suggest, what evidence shows. A literature review," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 42(3), pages 343-370, September.
- You, Kefei, 2015. "What drives China’s outward FDI? A regional analysis," BOFIT Discussion Papers 16/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Gippner, Olivia & Torney, Diarmuid, 2017. "Shifting policy priorities in EU-China energy relations: Implications for Chinese energy investments in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 649-658.
- Cristina Castelli & Davide Castellani, 2013.
"The internationalisation of r&d: sectoral and geographic patterns of cross-border investments,"
ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(1), pages 127-143.
- Castelli , Cristina & Castellani, Davide, 2013. "The internationalisation of R&D: sectoral and geographic patterns of cross-border investments," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/9, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Gorgoni, Sara & Günther, Christina & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2014. "Emerging versus advanced country MNEs investing in Europe: A typology of subsidiary global–local connections," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 680-691.
- Padilla, Ramón & Gomes Nogueira, Caroline, 2015. "Determinants and home-country effects of FDI outflows: Evidence from Latin American countries," Estudios y Perspectivas – Sede Subregional de la CEPAL en México 166, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Amighini, Alessia A. & Rabellotti, Roberta & Sanfilippo, Marco, 2013. "Do Chinese state-owned and private enterprises differ in their internationalization strategies?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 312-325.
- Marco Mele & Floriana Nicolai, 2015. "On the determinants of foreign direct investment in emerging countries: the case of China," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 69(1), pages 39-46, January-M.
- Gao, Lan & Liu, Xiaohui & Zou, Huan, 2013. "The role of human mobility in promoting Chinese outward FDI: A neglected factor?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 437-449.
- Christian Dreger & Yun Schüler-Zhou & Margot Schüller, 2017.
"Determinants of Chinese direct investments in the European Union,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(42), pages 4231-4240, September.
- Christian Dreger & Yun Schüler-Zhou & Margot Schüller, 2015. "Determinants of Chinese Direct Investments in the European Union," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1480, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Amighini, Alessia A. & Franco, Chiara, 2013. "A sector perspective on Chinese outward FDI: The automotive case," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 148-161.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201505061170 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cui, Lin & Li, Yi & Li, Zijie, 2013. "Experiential drivers of foreign direct investment by late-comer Asian firms: The Chinese evidence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2451-2459.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; foreign direct investment; internationalization; trade-FDI nexus;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fec:journl:v:8:y:2013:i:3:p:309-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.