Assessing the regional digital divide across the European Union-27
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrick Rey & Jean Tirole, 1998. "Network Competition: I. Overview and Nondiscriminatory Pricing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 1-37, Spring.
- Mark Armstrong, 2006. "Competition in two‐sided markets," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 668-691, September.
- Paul Klemperer, 1995. "Competition when Consumers have Switching Costs: An Overview with Applications to Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 515-539.
- Shrimali, Gireesh, 2008. "Surplus extraction by network providers: Implications for net neutrality and innovation," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 545-558, September.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Marcus, Scott & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 2003.
" Internet Interconnection and the Off-Net-Cost Pricing Principle,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(2), pages 370-390, Summer.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont, 2001. "Internet Interconnection and the Off-Net-Cost Pricing Principle," Theory workshop papers 357966000000000085, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Marcus, Scott & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 2001. "Internet Interconnection and the Off-Net-Cost Pricing Principle," IDEI Working Papers 130, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Armstrong, Mark, 1998. "Network Interconnection in Telecommunications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 545-564, May.
- Shrimali, Gireesh & Kumar, Sunil, 2008. "Bill-and-Keep peering," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 19-32, February.
- Cremer, Jacques & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 2000. "Connectivity in the Commercial Internet," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 433-472, December.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, July.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 2001. "Competition in Telecommunications," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262621509, July.
- Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 2007. "A Primer on Foreclosure," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont, 2001. "Internet Peering," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 287-291, May.
- Badasyan, Narine & Chakrabarti, Subhadip, 2008. "A simple game-theoretic analysis of peering and transit contracting among Internet service providers," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 4-18, February.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:645-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- Foros, Oystein & Jarle Kind, Hans & Yngve Sand, Jan, 2005. "Do internet incumbents choose low interconnection quality?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 149-164, March.
- Stefan Buehler & Armin Schmutzler, 2005. "On The Role of Access Charges Under Network Competition," SOI - Working Papers 0501, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frederico Cruz-Jesus & Tiago Oliveira & Fernando Bacao & Zahir Irani, 0. "Assessing the pattern between economic and digital development of countries," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Mona Badran, 2014.
"Young people and the digital divide in Egypt: an empirical study,"
Eurasian Economic Review,
Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 4(2), pages 223-250, December.
- Mona Farid Badran, 2013. "Young People and the Digital Divide in Egypt: An Empirical Study," Working Papers 813, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2013.
- Eva Ventura & Albert Satorra, 2014. "A multiple indicator model for panel data: an application to ICT area-level variation," Economics Working Papers 1419, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Juan Jung & Enrique López-Bazo, 2017.
"“On the regional impact of broadband on productivity: the case of Brazil”,"
AQR Working Papers
201704, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised May 2017.
- Juan Jung & Enrique López-Bazo, 2017. "On the regional impact of broadband on productivity: the case of Brazil," IREA Working Papers 201708, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2017.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:946-:d:100442 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jung, Juan, 2014. "Regional inequalities in the impact of broadband on productivity: Evidence from Brazil," MPRA Paper 56177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:135:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1511-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ceccobelli, M. & Gitto, S. & Mancuso, P., 2012.
"ICT capital and labour productivity growth: A non-parametric analysis of 14 OECD countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 282-292.
- Ceccobelli, Matteo & Gitto, Simone & Paolo, Mancuso, 2012. "ICT capital and labour productivity growth: A non-parametric analysis of 14 OECD countries," MPRA Paper 68642, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ventura, Eva & Satorra, Albert, 2015. "A multiple indicator model for panel data: an application to ICT area-level variation," 26th European Regional ITS Conference, Madrid 2015 127191, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- repec:spr:infosf:v:19:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10796-016-9634-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarkar, Avijit & Pick, James B. & Johnson, Jeremy, 2015. "Africa's digital divide: Geography, policy, and implications," 2015 Regional ITS Conference, Los Angeles 2015 146339, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1153-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Sadowski, Bert M., 2017. "Advanced users and the adoption of high speed broadband: Results of a living lab study in the Netherlands," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 1-14.
- repec:exl:25engi:v:27:y:2016:i:4:p:439-451 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bashir, Sadaf & Sadowski, B. M., 2014.
"General purpose technologies: A survey, a critique and future research directions,"
25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014
101443, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Sadaf Bashir & Bert Sadowski, 2014. "General Purpose Technologies: A Survey, a Critique and Future Research Directions," Working Papers 14-02, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2014.
- Reggi, Luigi & Scicchitano, Sergio, 2014. "Are EU regional digital strategies evidence-based? An analysis of the allocation of 2007–13 Structural Funds," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 530-538.
- Mo, Di & Swinnen, Johan & Zhang, Linxiu & Yi, Hongmei & Qu, Qinghe & Boswell, Matthew & Rozelle, Scott, 2013. "Can One-to-One Computing Narrow the Digital Divide and the Educational Gap in China? The Case of Beijing Migrant Schools," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 14-29.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2012. "Diverse Dimensions of the 'Digital Divide': Perspectives from New Zealand," Working Paper Series 4111, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Pick, James B. & Nishida, Tetsushi, 2015. "Digital divides in the world and its regions: A spatial and multivariate analysis of technological utilization," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 1-17.
- Margarita Billon & Fernando Lera-Lopez & Rocio Marco, 2016. "ICT use by households and firms in the EU: links and determinants from a multivariate perspective," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(4), pages 629-654, November.
- repec:bap:journl:170203 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pick, James B. & Sarkar, Avijit & Johnson, Jeremy, 2015. "United States digital divide: State level analysis of spatial clustering and multivariate determinants of ICT utilization," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 16-32.
- Serrano-Cinca, C. & Muñoz-Soro, J.F. & Brusca-Alijarde, I., 2015. "A multivariate study of the digital divide and digital exclusion," 26th European Regional ITS Conference, Madrid 2015 127178, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Mohammad Salahuddin & Khorshed Alam & Lorelle Burton, 2016. "Does Internet Usage Stimulate the Accumulation of Social Capital? A Panel Ýnvestigation for Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 347-353.
More about this item
KeywordsDigital divide Information and communication technologies (ICT) Technological diffusion Factor analysis European Union Regions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:35:y:2011:i:3:p:220-237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.