Pitman closeness of current k-records to population quantiles
In this paper, the Pitman’s measure of closeness of current k-records to the population quantiles is investigated. While the required probabilities typically depend on the underlying distribution, in this article, we show that they are distribution-free for the symmetric distributions. The exact expressions are derived for the case of uniform and exponential distributions. A real data set will be used to illustrate the results of the paper. Eventually, some conclusions are presented.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahmadi, J. & Razmkhah, M. & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Current k-records and their use in distribution-free confidence intervals," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 29-37, January.
- Ahmadi, J. & Balakrishnan, N., 2004. "Confidence intervals for quantiles in terms of record range," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 395-405, July.
- Fountain, Robert L. & Keating, Jerome P., 1994. "The Pitman comparison of unbiased linear estimators," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-136, January.
- Ahmadi, Jafar & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Pitman closeness of current records for location-scale families," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(21-22), pages 1577-1583, November.
- Ahmadi, Jafar & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Pitman closeness of record values to population quantiles," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(19), pages 2037-2044, October.
- Bose, Sudip & Datta, Gauri Sankar & Ghosh, Malay, 1993. "Pitman's measure of closeness for symmetric stable distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 245-251, June.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Iliopoulos, G. & Keating, J.P. & Mason, R.L., 2009. "Pitman closeness of sample median to population median," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(16), pages 1759-1766, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:148-156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.