On equality and proportionality of ordinary least squares, weighted least squares and best linear unbiased estimators in the general linear model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Young, Dean M. & Odell, Patrick L. & Hahn, William, 2000. "Nonnegative-definite covariance structures for which the blu, wls, and ls estimators are equal," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 271-276, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Ahmed, Roman A. & Athanasopoulos, George & Shang, Han Lin, 2011.
"Optimal combination forecasts for hierarchical time series,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2579-2589, September.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Roman A. Ahmed & George Athanasopoulos, 2007. "Optimal combination forecasts for hierarchical time series," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 9/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Yuqin Sun & Rong Ke & Yongge Tian, 2014. "Some overall properties of seemingly unrelated regression models," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 98(2), pages 103-120, April.
- Changli Lu & Yuqin Sun & Yongge Tian, 2013. "On relations between weighted least-squares estimators of parametric functions under a general partitioned linear model and its small models," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 76(5), pages 707-722, July.
- Huang, Yunying & Zheng, Bing, 2015. "The additive and block decompositions about the WLSEs of parametric functions for a multiple partitioned linear regression model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 123-135.
- repec:spr:joptap:v:163:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s10957-013-0508-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandra Luati & Tommaso Proietti, 2011.
"On the equivalence of the weighted least squares and the generalised least squares estimators, with applications to kernel smoothing,"
Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics,
Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 63(4), pages 851-871, August.
- Luati, Alessandra & Proietti, Tommaso, 2008. "On the Equivalence of the Weighted Least Squares and the Generalised Least Squares Estimators, with Applications to Kernel Smoothing," MPRA Paper 8910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ren, Xingwei, 2014. "On the equivalence of the BLUEs under a general linear model and its restricted and stochastically restricted models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 1-10.
More about this item
KeywordsGeneral linear model Equality Proportionality OLSE WLSE BLUE Projectors Rank formulas for partitioned matrices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:76:y:2006:i:12:p:1265-1272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.