Hysteresis, menu costs, and pricing with random exchange rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthias Göcke & Laura Werner, 2015. "Play Hysteresis in Supply or in Demand as Part of a Market Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 339-374, May.
- Rogers, John H. & Jenkins, Michael, 1995.
"Haircuts or hysteresis? Sources of movements in real exchange rates,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 339-360, May.
- Rogers, J.H. & Jenkins, M.A., 1993. "Haircuts or Hysteresis? Sources of Movements in Real Exchange Rates," Papers 4-93-6, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Wolf, Holger, 2001. " The Law of One Price--A Case Study," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(4), pages 545-558, December.
- Aray, Henry & Gardeazabal, Javier, 2010.
"Going multinational under exchange rate uncertainty,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1171-1191, October.
- Aray, Henry & Gardeazabal, Javier, 2005. "Going Multinational under Exchange Rate Uncertainty," DFAEII Working Papers 2005-05, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Henry Aray & Javier Gardeazabal, 2008. "Going Multinational under Exchange Rate Uncertainty," ThE Papers 08/19, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Betts, Caroline & Devereux, Michael B., 1996. "The exchange rate in a model of pricing-to-market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1007-1021, April.
- Bhagwan Chowdhry & Richard Roll & Yihong Xia, 2005.
"Extracting Inflation from Stock Returns to Test Purchasing Power Parity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 255-276, March.
- Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Roll, Richard & Xia, Yihong, 2003. "Extracting Inflation from Stock Returns to Test Purchasing Power Parity," Working Papers 03-1, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Roll, Richard & Xia, Yihong, 2004. "Extracting Inflation from Stock Returns to Test Purchasing Power Parity," Working Papers 04-2, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Clostermann, Jörg, 1996. "The impact of the exchange rate on Germany's balance of trade," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1996,07e, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Chen, Natalie, 2004.
"The behaviour of relative prices in the European Union: A sectoral analysis,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1257-1286, December.
- Chen, Natalie, 2002. "The Behaviour of Relative Prices in the European Union: A Sectoral Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 3320, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Göcke, Matthias, 2012.
"Play-hysteresis in supply as part of a market model,"
61, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Göcke, Matthias, 2013. "Play-Hysteresis in Supply as Part of a Market Model," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79695, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Michael Curran & Adnan Velic, 2016.
"Real Exchange Rate Persistence and Country Characteristics,"
Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series
31, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Michael Curran & Adnan Velic, 2017. "Real Exchange Rate Persistence and Country Characteristics," Trinity Economics Papers tep0917, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Holger C. Wolf, 1994.
"Pricing in International Markets: Lessons From The Economist,"
NBER Working Papers
4806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Holger C. Wolf, 1994. "Pricing in International Markets: Lessons from The Economist," Working Papers 94-21, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Atish Ghosh & Holger Wolf, 2001. "Imperfect Exchange Rate Passthrough: Strategic Pricing and Menu Costs," CESifo Working Paper Series 436, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Chinn, Menzie & Fujii, Eiji, 2001.
"Market Structure and the Persistence of Sectoral Real Exchange Rates,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 95-114, April.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 1999. "Market Structure and the Persistence of Sectoral Real Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 7408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ansgar Belke & Matthias Göcke & Laura Werner, 2014. "Hysteresis Effects in Economics – Different Methods for Describing Economic Path-dependence," Ruhr Economic Papers 0468, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Darbha, Gangadhar & Patel, Urjit R., 2004. "Nonlinear Adjustment in Real Exchange Rates and Long Run Purchasing Power Parity--Further Evidence," Working Papers 04-1, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Fedoseeva, Svetlana & Werner, Laura M., 2014. "Questionning pricing-to-market linearity: partial sum decomposition approach applied to beer exports," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182784, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Svetlana Fedoseeva & Laura M. Werner, 2016. "How linear is pricing-to-market? Empirical assessment of hysteresis and asymmetry of PTM," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 1065-1090, May.
- Stahn Kerstin, 2007. "Has the Export Pricing Behaviour of German Enterprises Changed?: Empirical Evidence from German Sectoral Export Prices," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 227(3), pages 295-329, June.
- Belke, Ansgar & Göcke, Matthias & Werner, Laura, 2014. "Hysteresis Effects in Economics – Different Methods for Describing Economic Path-dependence," Ruhr Economic Papers 468, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Yousefi, Ayoub & Wirjanto, Tony S., 2004. "The empirical role of the exchange rate on the crude-oil price formation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 783-799, September.
- Cadenillas, Abel & Zapatero, Fernando, 1999. "Optimal Central Bank Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 218-242, July.
- John FitzGerald & Fergal Shortall, 1998. "Exchange Rate Changes and the Transmission of Inflation," Papers WP096, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Fedoseeva Svetlana, 2013. "(A)symmetry, (Non)linearity and Hysteresis of Pricing-To-Market: Evidence from German Sugar Confectionery Exports," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-17, January.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0468 is not listed on IDEAS
- Svetlana Fedoseeva & Laura M. Werner, 2014. "Asymmetry and Hysteresis: Two Perspectives on Pricing-to-Market Nonlinearity," Working Papers 2014.02, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:28:y:1991:i:3:p:461-484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.