Banking technology and the existence of a consistent output aggregate
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P. & Georgiou, Evangelia A. & Staikouras, Christos C., 2009.
"Assessing output and productivity growth in the banking industry,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1317-1340, November.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Evangelia A. Georgiou & Christos C. Staikouras, 2008. "Assessing Output and Productivity Growth in the Banking Industry," Working Papers 92, Bank of Greece.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Georgiou, Evangelia & Staikouras, Christos, 2008. "Assessing output and productivity growth in the banking industry," MPRA Paper 31996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David B. Humphrey, 1990. "Why do estimates of bank scale economies differ?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sep, pages 38-50.
- Mountain, Dean C. & Thomas, Hugh, 1999. "Factor price misspecification in bank cost function estimation," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-182, April.
- Ying Xu, 2011. "Foreign Strategic Investment and Banking Efficiency in China," Chapters,in: China’s Economy in the Post-WTO Environment, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kim, Moshe & Kliger, Doron & Vale, Bent, 2003. "Estimating switching costs: the case of banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-56, January.
- Ana María Olaya Pardo & Manuel Ramírez Gómez, 2004. "Aversión al riesgo y eficiencia de escala en los bancos: Incluyendo variables de riesgo y regulación," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÓN 004346, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Leverty, J. Tyler & Grace, Martin F., 2010. "The robustness of output measures in property-liability insurance efficiency studies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1510-1524, July.
- Stiroh, Kevin J., 1997. "The evolution of an industry: US thrifts in the 1990s," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1375-1394, October.
- Fortin, Mario & Leclerc, André & Thivierge, Claude, 2000. "Économies d’échelle et de gamme dans les Caisses Desjardins," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 76(3), pages 393-421, septembre.
- Tadesse, Solomon, 2006. "Consolidation, scale economies and technological change in Japanese banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 425-445, December.
- Solomon Tadesse, 2005. "Consolidation, Scale Economics and Technological Change in Japanese Banking," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp878, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Solomon Tadesse, 2005. "Consolidation, Scale Economies and Technological Change in Japanese Banking," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp747, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jamasb, T. & Orea, L. & Pollitt, M.G., 2010. "Weather Factors and Performance of Network Utilities: A Methodology and Application to Electricity Distribution," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1042, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Orea, Luis & Pollitt, Michael G., 2010. "Weather Factors and Perfomance of Network Utilities: A Methodology and Application to Electricity Distribution," Efficiency Series Papers 2010/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Paul Harrison & Oren Sussman & Joseph Zeira, 1999. "Finance and growth: theory and new evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David B. Humphrey, 1987. "Cost dispersion and the measurement of economies in banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue May, pages 24-38.
- Jordi Gual & Avelino Hernández, 1991. "Costes operativos, tamaño y especialización en las Cajas de Ahorro Españolas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 15(3), pages 701-726, September.
- Hou, Xiaohui & Wang, Qing & Li, Cheng, 2015. "Role of off-balance sheet operations on bank scale economies: Evidence from China's banking sector," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 140-153.
- Leena Mörttinen, 2004. "Banking sector output and labour productivity in six European countries," Finance 0405023, EconWPA.
- Mörttinen, Leena, 2002. "Banking sector output and labour productivity in six European countries," Research Discussion Papers 12/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Anders Toft & Trond Bjørndal, 1997. "The Structure of Production in the Norwegian Fish-Processing Industry: An Empirical Multi-Output Cost Analysis Using a Hybrid Translog Functional Form," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 247-267, August.
- Resti, Andrea, 2000. "Efficiency measurement for multi-product industries: A comparison of classic and recent techniques based on simulated data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 559-578, March.
- Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent, 2001. "Non-price strategic behavior: the case of bank branches," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1583-1602, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:18:y:1986:i:2:p:181-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed