The social costs of unit banking restrictions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mark J. Flannery, "undated". "The Social Costs of Unit Banking Restrictions," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-82, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1971. "A Note on the 'Accelerationist' Controversy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 721-725, August.
- Barro, Robert J, 1977.
"Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 101-115.
- Robert J. Barro, 1976. "Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States," Working Papers 234, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bennet T. McCallum, 1984. "A Linearized Version of Lucas's Neutrality Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 138-145, February.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1982. "The Nonadjustment of Nominal Interest Rates: A Study of the Fisher Effect," NBER Working Papers 0836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F, 1974. "Band Spectrum Regression," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(1), pages 1-11, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Thanavut Pornrojnangkool, 2005. "Monopoly-Creating Bank Consolidation? The Merger of Fleet and BankBoston," NBER Working Papers 11351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rungporn Roengpitya, 2008. "The Effects of Financial Deregulation on Bank Governance: The Panel Data Evidence of the 1990s," Working Papers 2008-08, Monetary Policy Group, Bank of Thailand.
- Jayaratne, Jith & Strahan, Philip E, 1998. "Entry Restrictions, Industry Evolution, and Dynamic Efficiency: Evidence from Commercial Banking," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 239-273, April.
- Almazan, Andres, 2002. "A Model of Competition in Banking: Bank Capital vs Expertise," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 87-121, January.
- John R. Walter, 2006. "The 3-6-3 rule : an urban myth?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 51-78.
- Mahoney, Paul G, 2003. "The Origins of the Blue-Sky Laws: A Test of Competing Hypotheses," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 229-251, April.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross & Levkov, Alexey, 2007.
"Big bad banks ? the impact of U.S. branch deregulation on income distribution,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4330, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Alexey Levkov, 2007. "Big Bad Banks? The Impact of U.S. Branch Deregulation on Income Distribution," NBER Working Papers 13299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1997. "Entry restrictions, industry evolution, and dynamic efficiency: evidence from commercial banking," Staff Reports 22, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Abigail K. Wozniak, 2007.
"Product Markets and Paychecks: Deregulation's Effect on the Compensation Structure in Banking,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(2), pages 246-267, January.
- Wozniak, Abigail, 2006. "Product Markets and Paychecks: Deregulation's Effect on the Compensation Structure in Banking," IZA Discussion Papers 1957, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jith Jayaratne & Philp E. Strahan, "undated". "Entry Restrictions, Industry Evolution and Dynamic Efficiency: Evidence from Commercial Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-30, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Randall S. Kroszner & Philip E. Strahan, 2001. "Obstacles to Optimal Policy: The Interplay of Politics and Economics in Shaping Bank Supervision and Regulation Reforms," NBER Chapters,in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 233-272 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1996. "Bank Consolidation: A Central Banker's Perspective," NBER Working Papers 5849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1996. "Entry restrictions, industry evolution and dynamic efficiency: evidence from commercial banking," Research Paper 9630, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Randall S. Kroszner & Philip E. Strahan, 2000. "Obstacles to Optimal Policy: The Interplay of Politics and Economics in Shaping Bank Supervision and Regulation Reforms," CRSP working papers 512, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Krol, Robert & Svorny, Shirley, 1996. "The effect of the bank regulatory environment on state economic activity," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 531-541, August.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Alexey Levkov, 2010.
"Big Bad Banks? The Winners and Losers from Bank Deregulation in the United States,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1637-1667, October.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Levine, R. & Levkov, A., 2009. "Big Bad Banks? The Winners and Losers From Bank Deregulation in the United States," Discussion Paper 2009-56, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ors, Evren, 2004. "Postmortem on the Federal Reserve's Functional Cost Analysis Program: how useful was the FCA?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, pages 121-148.
- Efraim Benmelech & Nittai K. Bergman & Amit Seru, 2011. "Financing Labor," NBER Working Papers 17144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:13:y:1984:i:2:p:237-249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.