Increasing directionally convex orderings of random vectors having the same copula, and their use in comparing ordered data
In this paper, we establish some results for the increasing convex comparisons of generalized order statistics. First, we prove that if the minimum of two sets of generalized order statistics are ordered in the increasing convex order, then the remaining generalized order statistics are also ordered in the increasing convex order. This result is extended to the increasing directionally convex comparisons of random vectors of generalized order statistics. For establishing this general result, we first prove a new result in that two random vectors with a common conditionally increasing copula are ordered in the increasing directionally convex order if the marginals are ordered in the increasing convex order. This latter result is, of course, of interest in its own right.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 105 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhao, Peng & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Mean residual life order of convolutions of heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(8), pages 1792-1801, September.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Belzunce, Félix & Shaked, Moshe, 2001. "Stochastic comparisons of mixtures of convexly ordered distributions with applications in reliability theory," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 363-372, July.
- Miguel Sordo & Héctor Ramos, 2007. "Characterization of stochastic orders by L-functionals," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 249-263, April.
- Khaledi, Baha-Eldin & Kochar, Subhash, 2005. "Dependence orderings for generalized order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 357-367, July.
- Massimo Marinacci & Luigi Montrucchio, 2003. "Ultramodular functions," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 13-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Muller, Alfred, 1997. "Stop-loss order for portfolios of dependent risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 219-223, December.
- Kochar, Subhash & Ma, Chunsheng, 1999. "Dispersive ordering of convolutions of exponential random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 321-324, July.
- Fathi Manesh, Sirous & Khaledi, Baha-Eldin, 2008. "On the likelihood ratio order for convolutions of independent generalized Rayleigh random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(18), pages 3139-3144, December.
- Belzunce, Félix & Ruiz, José M. & Suárez-Llorens, Alfonso, 2008. "On multivariate dispersion orderings based on the standard construction," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 271-281, February.
- Kochar, Subhash & Xu, Maochao, 2010. "On the right spread order of convolutions of heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 165-176, January.
- Korwar, Ramesh M., 2002. "On Stochastic Orders for Sums of Independent Random Variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 344-357, February.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:105:y:2012:i:1:p:45-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.