Increasing directionally convex orderings of random vectors having the same copula, and their use in comparing ordered data
In this paper, we establish some results for the increasing convex comparisons of generalized order statistics. First, we prove that if the minimum of two sets of generalized order statistics are ordered in the increasing convex order, then the remaining generalized order statistics are also ordered in the increasing convex order. This result is extended to the increasing directionally convex comparisons of random vectors of generalized order statistics. For establishing this general result, we first prove a new result in that two random vectors with a common conditionally increasing copula are ordered in the increasing directionally convex order if the marginals are ordered in the increasing convex order. This latter result is, of course, of interest in its own right.
Volume (Year): 105 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khaledi, Baha-Eldin & Kochar, Subhash, 2005. "Dependence orderings for generalized order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 357-367, July.
- Miguel Sordo & Héctor Ramos, 2007. "Characterization of stochastic orders by L-functionals," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 249-263, April.
- Fathi Manesh, Sirous & Khaledi, Baha-Eldin, 2008. "On the likelihood ratio order for convolutions of independent generalized Rayleigh random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(18), pages 3139-3144, December.
- Kochar, Subhash & Ma, Chunsheng, 1999. "Dispersive ordering of convolutions of exponential random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 321-324, July.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Belzunce, Félix & Ruiz, José M. & Suárez-Llorens, Alfonso, 2008. "On multivariate dispersion orderings based on the standard construction," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 271-281, February.
- Belzunce, Félix & Shaked, Moshe, 2001. "Stochastic comparisons of mixtures of convexly ordered distributions with applications in reliability theory," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 363-372, July.
- Massimo Marinacci & Luigi Montrucchio, 2005.
Mathematics of Operations Research,
INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 311-332, May.
- Massimo Marinacci & Luigi Montrucchio, 2003. "Ultramodular functions," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 13-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Zhao, Peng & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Mean residual life order of convolutions of heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(8), pages 1792-1801, September.
- Kochar, Subhash & Xu, Maochao, 2010. "On the right spread order of convolutions of heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 165-176, January.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Muller, Alfred, 1997. "Stop-loss order for portfolios of dependent risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 219-223, December.
- Korwar, Ramesh M., 2002. "On Stochastic Orders for Sums of Independent Random Variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 344-357, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:105:y:2012:i:1:p:45-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.