Agglomeration Economies and a Test for Optimal City Sizes in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Junius, Karsten, 1997. "Economies of scale: A survey of the empirical literature," Kiel Working Papers 813, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Behrens, Kristian & Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Murata, Yasusada, 2015.
"The Henry George Theorem in a second-best world,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 34-51.
- Kristian Behrens & Yoshitsugu Kanemoto & Yasusada Murata, 2010. "The Henry George Theorem in A Second-Best World," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-773, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kristian Behrens & Yoshitsugu Kanemoto & Yasusada Murata, 2014. "The Henry George Theorem in a second-best world," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-11, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Behrens, Kristian & Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Murata, Yasusada, 2010. "The Henry George Theorem in a second-best world," CEPR Discussion Papers 8120, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nakagawa, Masayuki & Saito, Makoto & Yamaga, Hisaki, 2007. "Earthquake risk and housing rents: Evidence from the Tokyo Metropolitan Area," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 87-99, January.
- Hitzschke, Stephan, 2011. "The optimal size of German cities: An efficiency analysis perspective," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 202, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Behrens, Kristian & Murata, Yasusada, 2009.
"City size and the Henry George Theorem under monopolistic competition,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 228-235, March.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & MURATA, Yasusada, 2007. "City size and the Henry George theorem under monopolistic competition," CORE Discussion Papers 2007063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Yasusada Murata, 2008. "City Size and the Henry George Theorem under Monopolistic Competition," Cahiers de recherche 0834, CIRPEE.
- Flüchter, Winfried, 1997. "Tôkyô quo vadis? Chancen und Grenzen (?) metropolitanen Wachstums," Working Papers on East Asian Studies 15/1997, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.
- Richard Arnott & Huiling Zhang, 2015. "The Aggregate Value of Land in the Greater Los Angeles Region," Working Papers 201506, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Masayuki Morikawa, 2011.
"Economies of Density and Productivity in Service Industries: An Analysis of Personal Service Industries Based on Establishment-Level Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 179-192, February.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2008. "Economies of Density and Productivity in Service Industries: An Analysis of Personal-Service Industries Based on Establishment-Level Data," Discussion papers 08023, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:spr:anresc:v:58:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00168-017-0808-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klimenko, Mikhail M., 2004. "Competition, matching, and geographical clustering at early stages of the industry life cycle," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 177-195.
- Sabyasachi TRIPATHI, 2014.
"Estimating Urban Agglomeration Economies for India: A New Economic Geography Perspective,"
Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management,
Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(2), pages 5-34, May.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2012. "Estimating Urban Agglomeration Economies for India: A New Economic Geography Perspective," MPRA Paper 43501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masayuki Nakagawa & Makoto Saito & Hisaki Yamaga, 2009. "Earthquake Risks And Land Prices: Evidence From The Tokyo Metropolitan Area," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 208-222.
- Kosei Fukuda, 2012. "Population growth and local public finance in Japanese cities," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(15), pages 1941-1949, May.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Tomoyasu Tanaka & Noriyoshi Nakayama, 2015. "Estimation of optimal metropolitan size in Japan with consideration of social costs," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1713-1730, June.
- Masamichi Kawano, 2014. "Optimal process of urbanization in a developing country dynamic Henry George theorem," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-204, October.
- Mano, Yukichi & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2000. "Agglomeration Economies and Geographical Concentration of Industries: A Case Study of Manufacturing Sectors in Postwar Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 189-203, September.
- Lee, Kangoh, 2005. "Land taxation and the Henry George theorem under uncertainty," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 11-23, July.
- repec:kbb:dpaper:2012-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zheng, Xiao-Ping, 2001. "Determinants of agglomeration economies and diseconomies: : empirical evidence from Tokyo," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 131-144.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Yoshida, Atsushi, 2000. "Separating Urban Agglomeration Economies in Consumption and Production," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 70-84, July.
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto, 2015. "Agglomeration economies in Japanese industries: the Solow residual approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(2), pages 401-416, March.
- Roland Andersson & Bo Söderberg, 2012. "Financing roads and railways with decentralized real estate taxes: the case of Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(3), pages 839-853, June.
- Masamichi Kawano, 2012. "Henry George Theorem in a Dynamic Framework without Accumulation of Public Goods," Discussion Paper Series 92, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Aug 2012.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:10:y:1996:i:4:p:379-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.