Relation between a social welfare function and the gini index of income inequality
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Louis Kaplow, 2005.
"Why measure inequality?,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(1), pages 65-79, April.
- Louis Kaplow, 2002. "Why Measure Inequality?," NBER Working Papers 9342, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwang Soo Cheong, 1999. "A Note on the Interpretation and Application of the Gini Coefficient," Working Papers 199901, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Kunihiro Kimura, 1994. "A micro-macro linkage in the measurement of inequality: Another look at the Gini coefficient," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 83-97, February.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Andrea Brandolini, 2010. "On Analyzing the World Distribution of Income," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 1-37, January.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Andrea Brandolini, 2008. "On analysing the world distribution of income," Working Papers 97, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Anthony Barnes Atkinson & Andrea Brandolini, 2009. "On analysing the world distribution of income," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 701, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalised Social Welfare Function and its Disaggregation by Components of Income: The Method and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0121, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Changes In Social Welfare In Singapore - 1982-1999," Departmental Working Papers wp0120, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Porath Elchanan Ben & Gilboa Itzhak, 1994. "Linear Measures, the Gini Index, and The Income-Equality Trade-off," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 443-467, December.
- Elchanan Ben Porath & Itzhak Gilboa, 1991. "Linear Measures, the Gini Index and the Income-Equality Tradeoff," Discussion Papers 944, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Elchanan Ben Porath, 1994. "Linear Measures, the Gini Index, and The Income-Equality Trade-off," Post-Print hal-00481365, HAL.
- A. Atkinson, 2008. "More on the measurement of inequality," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(3), pages 277-283, September.
- Delgado Rivero, Francisco J., 2005. "IRPF común y foral: Un análisis regional/Common and Foral Income Tax: A Regional Analysis," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 521-536, Agosto.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006. "The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000001162, David K. Levine.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006. "The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies," 2006 Meeting Papers 368, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2004. "Measuring polarization, inequality, welfare and poverty," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/75, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2006. "Measuring Bipolarization, Inequality, Welfare and Poverty," Working Papers 39, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Jorge Onrubia Fernández & María del Carmen Rodado Ruíz & Santiago Díaz De Sarralde Míguez & César Pérez López, 2007. "Progresividad y redistribución a través del IRPF español: Un análisis de bienestar social para el periodo 1982-1998," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 183(4), pages 81-124, december.
- Jorge Onrubia Fernández(1) & María del Carmen Rodado Ruiz(2) & Santiago Díaz de Sarralde(3) & César Pérez López(4), "undated". "Progresividad Y Redistribución A Través Del Irpf Español: Un Análisis De Bienestar Social Para El Periodo 1982-1998," Working Papers 23-06 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Efficiency Criteria and the Sen-type Social Welfare Function," Departmental Working Papers wp0114, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Rodríguez, Juan Gabriel & Salas, Rafael, 2014. "The Gini coefficient: Majority voting and social welfare," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 214-223.
- Gourieroux, C. & Peaucelle, I., 1988. "Fonctions de production représentatives de fonctions à complémentarité stricte," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 64(2), pages 209-230, juin.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2013. "Shared prosperity and the mitigation of poverty : in practice and in precept," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6700, The World Bank.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalized Social Welfare Function, its Decomposition and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0119, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:4:y:1972:i:1:p:98-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed