Comparative Analysis of Foreign and Domestic Bank Operations in Hungary
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Lehner, Maria & Schnitzer, Monika, 2008.
"Entry of foreign banks and their impact on host countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 430-452, September.
- Lehner, Maria & Schnitzer, Monika, 2006. "Entry of Foreign Banks and their Impact on Host Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 5954, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lehner, Maria & Schnitzer, Monika, 2008. "Entry of foreign banks and their impact on host countries," Munich Reprints in Economics 19238, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Maria Lehner & Monika Schnitzer, 2006. "Entry of Foreign Banks and their Impact on Host Countries," Working Papers 002, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Lehner, Maria & Schnitzer, Monika, 2006. "Entry of Foreign Banks and their Impact on Host Countries," Discussion Papers in Economics 1208, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Lehner, Maria & Schnitzer, Monika, 2006. "Entry of Foreign Banks and their Impact on Host Countries," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 152, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Hanneke Bol & Jakob de Haan & Bert Scholtens & Ralph de Haas, 2002. "How Important Are Foreign Banks in European Transition Countries? A Comparative Analysis," International Finance 0209005, EconWPA.
- Fotios Pasiouras & Aggeliki Liadaki & Constantin Zopounidis, 2008. "Bank efficiency and share performance: evidence from Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(14), pages 1121-1130.
- Saleh Salman, Ali & Zeitun, Rami, 2006. "Islamic Banking Performance in the Middle East: A Case Study of Jordan," Economics Working Papers wp06-21, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Estrin, Saul & Wright, Mike, 1999. "Corporate Governance in the Former Soviet Union: An Overview," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 398-421, September.
- Chantapong, Saovanee & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2005. "Cost Efficiency of Domestic and Foreign Banks in Thailand: Evidence from Panel Data," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 9, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Driton Balaj, 2015. "A Comparison of Financial Performance of Domestic and Foreign Banks in Kosovo by Using DuPont Model," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(6), pages 71-86, December.
- Hersch, Philip & Kemme, David & Netter, Jeffry, 1997. "Access to Bank Loans in a Transition Economy: The Case of Hungary," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 79-89, February.
- Süer, Ömür & Levent, Haluk & Şen, Süleyman, 2016. "Foreign entry and the Turkish banking system in 2000s," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 420-435.
- Mohamed Ariff & Mohammad K. Badar & Shamsher Mohammad & Taufiq Hassan, 2011. "Performance of Islamic Banks and Conventional Banks," Chapters,in: The Foundations of Islamic Banking, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsieh, Meng-Fen, 2014. "Bank reforms, foreign ownership, and financial stability," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 204-224.
- Lukasz Konopielko, 1999. "Foreign Banks' Entry into Central and East European Markets: Motives and Activities," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 463-485.
- Ding, Cherng G. & Wu, Chiu-Hui & Chang, Pao-Long, 2013. "The influence of government intervention on the trajectory of bank performance during the global financial crisis: A comparative study among Asian economies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 556-564.
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2004. "How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?," Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 3(2), pages 99-123, August.
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2003. "How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1100, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2003. "Development and efficiency of the banking sector in a transitional economy: Hungarian experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2249-2271, December.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2000. "Development and efficiency of the banking sector in a transitional economy : Hungarian experience," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2000, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Ngoc-Anh Vo Thi & Dev Vencappa, 2008. "Does the Entry Mode of Foreign Banks Matter for Bank Efficiency? Evidence from the Czech Republic,Hungary, and Poland," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp925, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Okuda, Hidenobu & Rungsomboon, Suvadee, 2006. "Comparative cost study of foreign and Thai domestic banks in 1990-2002: Its policy implications for a desirable banking industry structure," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 714-737, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:22:y:1996:i:2:p:179-188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed