Identification of problem banks and binary choice models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 2012. "Reciprocal brokered deposits and bank risk," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 383-385.
- Wheelock, David C & Wilson, Paul W, 1995.
"Explaining Bank Failures: Deposit Insurance, Regulation, and Efficiency,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 689-700, November.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1993. "Explaining bank failures: deposit insurance, regulation, and efficiency," Working Papers 1993-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kolari, James & Glennon, Dennis & Shin, Hwan & Caputo, Michele, 2002. "Predicting large US commercial bank failures," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 361-387.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012.
"Forecasting Bank Leverage,"
Working Paper Series
176, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012. "Forecasting Bank Leverage," CAMA Working Papers 2012-56, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012. "Forecasting Bank Leverage," Research Paper Series 320, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Mare, Davide Salvatore, 2013. "Probability of default and efficiency in cooperative banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 30-45.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409026, EconWPA.
- Mare, Davide Salvatore, 2015. "Contribution of macroeconomic factors to the prediction of small bank failures," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 25-39.
- Espahbodi, Hassan & Espahbodi, Pouran, 2003. "Binary choice models and corporate takeover," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 549-574, April.
- Henebry, Kathleen L., 1996. "Do cash flow variables improve the predictive accuracy of a Cox proportional hazards model for bank failure?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 395-409.
- Li, Guo & Shaffer, Sherrill, 2015.
"Reciprocal brokered deposits, bank risk, and recent deposit insurance policy,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 366-384.
- Guo Li & Sherrill Shaffer, 2014. "Reciprocal Brokered Deposits, Bank Risk, and Recent Deposit Insurance Policy," CAMA Working Papers 2014-56, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire et Facteurs Réglementaires Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409027, EconWPA.
- Guo, Lin, 1999. "When and why did FSLIC resolve insolvent thrifts?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 955-990, June.
- Swami, Onkar Shivraj & Vishnu Kumar, N. Arun & Baruah, Palash, 2012. "Determinants of the exit decision of foreign banks in India," MPRA Paper 38722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daley, J. & Matthews, K. & Whitfield, K., 2008.
"Too-big-to-fail: Bank failure and banking policy in Jamaica,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 290-303, July.
- Daley, J & Matthews, Kent & Whitfield, Keith, 2006. "Too-Big-To-Fail: Bank Failure and Banking Policy in Jamaica," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2006/4, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:57:y:2006:i:4:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601985 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gallo, John G. & Apilado, Vincent P. & Kolari, James W., 1996. "Commercial bank mutual fund activities: Implications for bank risk and profitability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1775-1791, December.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "A nonparametric analysis of the Greek renewable energy sector," MPRA Paper 30467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cleary, Sean & Hebb, Greg, 2016. "An efficient and functional model for predicting bank distress: In and out of sample evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 101-111.
- Andrew Logan, 2001. "The United Kingdom's small banks' crisis of the early 1990s: what were the leading indicators of failure?," Bank of England working papers 139, Bank of England.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2016. "Forecasting bank leverage: an alternative to regulatory early warning models," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 38-69, August.
- Imbierowicz, Björn & Rauch, Christian, 2014. "The relationship between liquidity risk and credit risk in banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 242-256.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2012. "Analyzing the Greek renewable energy sector: A Data Envelopment Analysis approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2884-2893.
- Sergey Drobyshevsky & Andrey Zubarev, 2011. "Sustainability of Russian Banks in 2007-2009," Research Paper Series, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, issue 155P.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:15:y:1991:i:1:p:53-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.