A twist on the Monday effect in stock prices: Evidence from the U.S. and foreign stock markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lauterbach, Beni & Ungar, Meyer, 1995. "Real vs. nominal stock return seasonalities: empirical evidence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 133-147.
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Faff, Robert W., 1996. "An evaluation of volatility forecasting techniques," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 419-438, April.
- Cumperayot, Phornchanok & Keijzer, Tjeert & Kouwenberg, Roy, 2006. "Linkages between extreme stock market and currency returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 528-550, April.
- M. Berument & Nukhet Dogan, 2012. "Stock market return and volatility: day-of-the-week effect," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(2), pages 282-302, April.
- Iqbal, Kazi & Tsubota, Kenmei & Shonchoy, Abu S & Hoque, Mainul, 2018. "Political instability and stock market returns : evidence from firm-level panel data of securities in Bangladesh," IDE Discussion Papers 712, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Doyle, John R. & Chen, Catherine Huirong, 2009. "The wandering weekday effect in major stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1388-1399, August.
- Keef, Stephen P. & Khaled, Mohammed & Zhu, Hui, 2009. "The dynamics of the Monday effect in international stock indices," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 125-133, June.
- Kenneth Washer & Srinivas Nippani & John Wingender, 2011. "Day-of-the-week effect in the Canadian money market," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(9), pages 855-866, August.
- Pandey I M, 2002. "Is There Seasonality in the Sensex Monthly Returns?," IIMA Working Papers WP2002-09-08, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Kedar-Levy, Haim & Yu, Xiaoyan & Kamesaka, Akiko & Ben-Zion, Uri, 2010. "The impact of daily return limit and segmented clientele on stock returns in China," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 223-236, September.
- repec:jfr:ijfr11:v:9:y:2018:i:1:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Eric C. & Michael Pinegar, J. & Ravichandran, R., 1998. "US day-of-the-week effects and asymmetric responses to macroeconomic news," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 513-534, May.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:148:y:2018:i:c:p:46-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Steven Shuye & Firth, Michael, 2004. "Do bears and bulls swim across oceans? Market information transmission between greater China and the rest of the world," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 235-254, July.
- Branch, Ben & Jung, Jay & Yang, Taewon, 2001. "The Monday merger effect," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-18.
- Rayenda Brahmana & Chee-Wooi Hooy & Zamri Ahmad, 2012. "Weather, investor irrationality and day-of-the-week anomaly: case of Indonesia," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 129-146, July.
- Madureira, Leonardo L. & Leal, Ricardo P. C., 2001. "Elusive anomalies in the Brazilian stock market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 123-134.
- Richard Zuber & Patrick Yiu & Reinhold Lamb & John Gandar, 2005. "Investor-fans? An examination of the performance of publicly traded English Premier League teams," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 305-313.
- Hsieh, Shu-Fan & Ma, Tai, 2009. "Expiration-day effects: Does settlement price matter?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 290-300, March.
- Michael Nofer & Oliver Hinz, 2015. "Using Twitter to Predict the Stock Market," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 57(4), pages 229-242, August.
- Krzysztof Borowski, 2016. "Analysis Of Monthly Rates Of Return In April On The Example Of Selected World Stock Exchange Indices," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 11(2), pages 307-325, June.
- Krzysztof Borowski & Malgorzata Lukasik, 2015. "Analysis of Selected Seasonality Effects in the Following Agricultural Markets: Corn, Wheat, Coffee, Cocoa, Sugar, Cotton and Soybeans," Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, Eurasian Publications, vol. 3(2), pages 12-37.
- Wang, Steven Shuye & Meng Rui, Oliver & Firth, Michael, 2002. "Return and volatility behavior of dually-traded stocks: the case of Hong Kong," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, April.
- Madura, Jeff & Bers, Martina K., 2002. "The performance persistence of foreign closed-end funds," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 263-285.
- Shiok Ye Lim & Ricky Chee-Jiun Chia, 2010. "Stock Market Calendar Anomalies: Evidence from ASEAN-5 Stock Markets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 996-1005.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:13:y:1989:i:4-5:p:641-650. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.