Are fully independent audit committees really necessary?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefanelli, Valeria & Matteo, Cotugno, 2010. "An Empirical Analysis on Board Monitoring Role and Loan Portfolio Quality Measurement in Banks," MPRA Paper 29766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niamh M. Brennan & Collette E. Kirwan, 2015.
"Audit committees: practices, practitioners and praxis of governance,"
Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 466-493, May.
- Niamh Brennan & Collette E. Kirwan, 2015. "Audit committees: practices, practitioners and praxis of governance," Open Access publications 10197/7629, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Nandini Chandar & Hsihui Chang & Xiaochuan Zheng, 2012. "Does overlapping membership on audit and compensation committees improve a firm's financial reporting quality?," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 141-165, May.
- repec:eee:reacre:v:27:y:2015:i:2:p:129-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:13:y:2017:i:2:p:108-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mahfuja Malik, 2014. "Audit committee composition and effectiveness: a review of post-SOX literature," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 81-117, October.
- repec:spr:ecogov:v:18:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10101-017-0191-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahsan Habib & Md. Borhan Uddin Bhuiyan, 2016. "Overlapping Membership on Audit and Compensation Committees and Financial Reporting Quality," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(1), pages 76-90, March.
- Jin, Justin Yiqiang & Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Lobo, Gerald J., 2013. "Unintended consequences of the increased asset threshold for FDICIA internal controls: Evidence from U.S. private banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4879-4892.
More about this item
KeywordsAudit committee independence Auditor dismissals Going-concern reports;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jappol:v:28:y:2009:i:4:p:265-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jaccpubpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.