Identifying unexpected accruals: a comparison of current approaches
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rees, Ray, 1986. "Incentive compatible discount rates for public investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 249-257, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i::p:41-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antle, Rick & Bogetoft, Peter & Stark, Andrew W., 2001. "Incentive Problems and Investment Timing Options," Unit of Economics Working papers 24192, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i::p:117-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bengt Holmstrom & Laurence Weiss, 1985. "Managerial Incentives, Investment and Aggregate Implications: Scale Effects," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 403-425.
- Rick Antle & Peter Bogetoft & Andrew W. Stark, 1997. "Selection among Mutually Exclusive Investments with Managerial Private Information and Moral Hazard," CIE Discussion Papers 1997-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Rick Antle & Gary D. Eppen, 1985. "Capital Rationing and Organizational Slack in Capital Budgeting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 163-174, February.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1996. " The Capital Budgeting Process: Incentives and Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1139-1174, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i::p:187-214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan C. Glover & Anil Arya & Shyam NMI Sunder, 1999. "Earnings Management and the Revelation Principle," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm120, Yale School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Luo, Fuyan & Huang, Dengshi, 2015. "Analysis of earnings management influence on the investment efficiency of listed Chinese companies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 60-78.
- Jorge Farinha & Luis Filipe Viana, 2006. "Board structure and modified audit opinions: the case of the Portuguese Stock Exchange," CEF.UP Working Papers 0609, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Wendy Heltzer, 2011. "The asymmetric relationship between corporate environmental responsibility and earnings management: Evidence from the United States," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(1), pages 65-88, January.
- José A. C. Moreira, 2006. "Discretionary Accruals: The Measurement Error Induced By Conservatism," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(2), pages 115-125.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios & Thomakos, Dimitrios & Wang, Tao, 2011.
"Information in balance sheets for future stock returns: Evidence from net operating assets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 269-282.
- George Papanastasopoulos & Dimitrios Thomakos & Tao Wang, 2007. "Information in Balance Sheets for Future Stock Returns: Evidence from Net Operating Assets," Working Paper series 45_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Giuseppe Ianniello, 2015. "The effects of board and auditor independence on earnings quality: evidence from Italy," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(1), pages 229-253, February.
- A. Szczesny & A. Lenk & T. Huang, 2008. "Substitution, availability and preferences in earnings management: empirical evidence from China," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 129-160, July.
- Lin, Fengyi & Wu, Chung-Min & Fang, Tzu-Yi & Wun, Jheng-Ci, 2014. "The relations among accounting conservatism, institutional investors and earnings manipulation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 164-174.
- Athanasakou, Vasiliki & Strong, Norman & Walker, Martin, 2010. "The association between classificatory and inter-temporal smoothing: Evidence from the UK's FRS 3," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 224-257, June.
- José A. C. Moreira & Peter F. Pope, 2007. "Piecewise Linear Accrual Models: do they really control for the asymmetric recognition of gains and losses?," CEF.UP Working Papers 0703, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Kenneth Small & Seung Kwag & Joanne Li, 2015. "Do shareholder rights influence managerial propensity to engage in earnings management?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(2), pages 308-326, April.
- Arnedo, Laura & Lizarraga, Fermin & Sanchez, Santiago, 2007. "Does public/private status affect the level of earnings management in code-law contexts outside the United States? A study based on the Spanish case," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 305-328.
- José António Moreira & Peter F. Pope, 2006. "Unequal Impact of Conservatism on Accrual Measures and Drivers: Implications for the Specification of Accrual Models," CEF.UP Working Papers 0604, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Jinhan Pae, 2005. "Expected Accrual Models: The Impact of Operating Cash Flows and Reversals of Accruals," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 5-22, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jappol:v:19:y:2000:i:4-5:p:347-376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jaccpubpol .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .