The self-serving management hypothesis : Some evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Eisfeldt, Andrea L. & Rampini, Adriano A., 2008. "Managerial incentives, capital reallocation, and the business cycle," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 177-199, January.
- Abe, Naohito & Gaston, Noel & Kubo, Katsuyuki, 2005.
"Executive pay in Japan: the role of bank-appointed monitors and the Main Bank relationship,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 371-394, August.
- Abe, Naohito & Gaston, Noel & Kubo, Katsuyuki, 2001. "Executive Pay in Japan: The Role of Bank-Appointed Monitors and the Main Bank Relationship," CEI Working Paper Series 2001-10, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- White, Lourdes Ferreira, 1996. "Executive compensation and dividend policy," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 335-358, July.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 75-102, December.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," NBER Working Papers 16585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frydman, Carola & Jenter, Dirk, 2010. "CEO Compensation," Research Papers 2069, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Carola Frydman & Dirk Jenter, 2010. "CEO Compensation," CESifo Working Paper Series 3277, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sofi Mohd Fikri & Mohamed Hisham Yahya & Taufiq Hassan, 2017. "A Review on Agency Cost of Shariah Governance in Mutual Fund," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 530-538.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997. " A Survey of Corporate Governance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kini, Omesh & Kracaw, William & Mian, Shehzad, 1995. "Corporate takeovers, firm performance, and board composition," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 383-412, April.
- Sloan, Richard G., 2001. "Financial accounting and corporate governance: a discussion," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 335-347, December.
- Barkema, H.G., 1989. "An empirical test of Holmstroem's principal-agent model that takes tax and signally hypotheses explicitly into account," Research Memorandum FEW 405, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
- Balsam, Steven & Miharjo, Setiyono, 2007. "The effect of equity compensation on voluntary executive turnover," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 95-119, March.
- Chii-Shyan Kuo & Jow-Ran Chang & Shih-Ti Yu, 2013. "Effect of mandatory pro forma earnings disclosure on the relation between CEO share bonuses and firm performance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 189-215, February.
- Mark C. Anderson & Rajiv D. Banker & Sury Ravindran, 2000. "Executive Compensation in the Information Technology Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 530-547, April.
- Marc C. Chopin & Ross N. Dickens & Roger M. Shelor, 1995. "An Empirical Examination of Compensation of REIT Managers," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(3), pages 263-278.
- Parrino, Robert, 1997. "CEO turnover and outside succession A cross-sectional analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 165-197, November.
- Sharad Asthana, 2010. "The impact of changes in firm performance and risk on director turnover," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 244-263, August.
- John S. Jordan, 1997. "Manager's opportunistic trading of their firms' shares: a case study of executives in the banking industry," Working Papers 97-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Pasquale Massimo Picone & Giovanni Battista Dagnino, 2016. "Revamping research on unrelated diversification strategy: perspectives, opportunities and challenges for future inquiry," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(3), pages 413-445, September.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Lee, Seok-Young & Potter, Gordon, 1996. "A field study of the impact of a performance-based incentive plan," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 195-226, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:7:y:1985:i:1-3:p:67-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed