The information content of financial analysts' forecasts of earnings: Some evidence on semi-strong inefficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirk, Marcus, 2011. "Research for sale: Determinants and consequences of paid-for analyst research," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 182-200, April.
- Jiandong Chen & Douglas Cumming & Wenxuan Hou & Edward Lee, 2016. "Does the External Monitoring Effect of Financial Analysts Deter Corporate Fraud in China?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 727-742, April.
- repec:ora:jrojbe:v:3:y:2018:i:1:p:46-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chuntai Jin & Tianze Li & Steven Xiaofan Zheng, 2016. "IPO Offering Size and Analyst Forecasts," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(03), pages 1-25, September.
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2017:v:18:i:1:liu:wu:yang is not listed on IDEAS
- Pronk, M., 2002. "Market liquidity around earnings announcements," Other publications TiSEM 3e22cd8d-f7eb-4c28-9275-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Palomino, Frederic & Renneboog, Luc & Zhang, Chendi, 2009.
"Information salience, investor sentiment, and stock returns: The case of British soccer betting,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 368-387, June.
- Palomino, F.A. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Zhang, C., 2008. "Information Salience, Investor Sentiment, and Stock Returns : The Case of British Soccer Betting," Discussion Paper 2008-99, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Louis K. C. Chan & Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Josef Lakonishok, 1995. "Momentum Strategies," NBER Working Papers 5375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bel, Koen & Paap, Richard, 2016. "Modeling the impact of forecast-based regime switches on US inflation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1306-1316.
- Ronald W. Best & Roger J. Best & Charles W. Hodges, 1998. "The Effect Of Self-Tender Offers On Earnings Expectations," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(2), pages 123-138, June.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sati P. & Brown, Lawrence D. & Richardson, Gordon D., 1995. "Analysts' use of earnings forecasts in predicting stock returns: Forecast horizon effects," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 429-445, September.
- Cheng Chee Mun, Eugene & Courtenay, Stephen M. & Rahman, Asheq R., 2011. "Effects of prior voluntary disclosure on earnings announcements in an environment with low information and regulation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 308-329, June.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:49:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11156-016-0608-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Forbes & Aloysius Igboekwu, 2015. "The explanatory power of representative agent earnings momentum models," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 473-492, April.
- Angela Maddaloni & Darren Pain, 2004. "Corporate ‘excesses’ and financial market dynamics," Occasional Paper Series 17, European Central Bank.
- Jerry, Sun, 2011. "The Effect of Analyst Coverage on the Informativeness of Income Smoothing," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 333-349, September.
- Premti, Arjan & Garcia-Feijoo, Luis & Madura, Jeff, 2017. "Information content of analyst recommendations in the banking industry," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 35-47.
- Sophie Manigart & Koen De Waele, 1999. "Choice dividends and contemporaneous earnings announcements on a small stock market: an empirical study," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 161, pages 27-56.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Chen, Li-Yu, 2010. "Does prior record matter in the wealth effect of open-market share repurchase announcements?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 427-435, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:1:y:1979:i:3:p:165-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.