External monitoring and its effect on seasoned common stock issues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Darrough, Masako N. & Stoughton, Neal M., 1990. "Financial disclosure policy in an entry game," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-3), pages 219-243, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:23:y:1985:i:1:p:268-295 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:29:y:1991:i:1:p:96-108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 1983. "Discretionary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 179-194, April.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1981.
"Good News and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 380-391, Autumn.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1979. "Good Nevs and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications," Discussion Papers 407R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Wagenhofer, Alfred, 1990. "Voluntary disclosure with a strategic opponent," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 341-363, March.
- Verrecchia, Robert E., 1990. "Information quality and discretionary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 365-380, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yi-Mien Lin & Shwu-Jen You & Fung-Jiao Lin, 2008. "The Effects of Pre-issue Information Releases on Seasoned Equity Offerings," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(9-10), pages 1138-1163.
- Satyendra Kumar Sharma & Ankit Seraphim, 2010. "The Relationship between IPO Underpricing Phenomenon & the Underwriter’s Reputation," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 13(38), pages 181-209, December.
- Craswell, Allen T. & Francis, Jere R. & Taylor, Stephen L., 1995. "Auditor brand name reputations and industry specializations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-322, December.
- Bendeck, Yvette M. & Waller, Edward R., 1999. "The Wealth Effects of Non-Senior Management Departures from Investment Banks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 95-105, September.
- Aloke (Al) Ghosh & Doocheol Moon, 2010. "Corporate Debt Financing and Earnings Quality," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5-6), pages 538-559.
- Liu, Yang & Yang, J. Jimmy, 2011. "Private debt, unused credit lines, and seasoned equity offerings," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 376-388.
- João Santos, 1998.
"Commercial Banks in the Securities Business: A Review,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 14(1), pages 35-60, July.
- João Cabral dos Santos, 1996. "Commercial banks in the securities business: a review," Working Paper 9610, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- João A. C. Santos, 1998. "Commercial banks in the securities business: A review," BIS Working Papers 56, Bank for International Settlements.
- Yiming Hu & Siqi Li & Thomas W. Lin & Shilei Xie, 2011. "Large creditors and corporate governance: the case of Chinese banks," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 332-367, November.
- Bernardo Bortolotti & William Megginson & Scott B. Smart, 2008.
"The Rise of Accelerated Seasoned Equity Underwritings,"
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance,
Morgan Stanley, vol. 20(3), pages 35-57.
- William L. Megginson & Bernardo Bortolotti & Scott B. Smart, 2007. "The Rise of Accelerated Seasoned Equity Underwritings," Working Papers 2007.5, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Batiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Noguchi, Masayoshi, 2011. "Auditors and the supervision of retail finance: evidence from two small-sized building societies, 1976-1978," MPRA Paper 32193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sung Bae & Hoje Jo, 2007. "Underwriter warrants, underwriter reputation, and growth signaling," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 129-154, August.
- Persakis, Anthony & Iatridis, George Emmanuel, 2015. "Cost of capital, audit and earnings quality under financial crisis: A global empirical investigation," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 3-24.
- Low, Soo-Wah & Glorfeld, Louis & Hearth, Douglas & Rimbey, James N., 2001. "The link between bank monitoring and corporate dividend policy: The case of dividend omissions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 2069-2087, November.
- Sung C. Bae & Kiyoung Chang & Hoje Jo, 2013. "Long-Run Stock and Operating Performance of Underwriter Warrants: Evidence from Seasoned Equity Offerings," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 473-501, December.
- Chang, James Jinho & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2004. "The SEC's review of the registration statement and stock price movements during the seasoned equity issuance process," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 359-386, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:12:y:1990:i:4:p:397-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.