Why do firms terminate their overfunded pension plans?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Klumpes & Mark Whittington & Yong Li, 2009. "Determinants of the Pension Curtailment Decisions of UK Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7-8), pages 899-924.
- Yong-Chul Shin & Kun Yu & Neil Fargher, 2016. "Do investors misprice components of net periodic pension cost?," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 56(3), pages 845-878, September.
- Horiba, Yutaka & Yoshida, Kazuo, 2002. "Determinants of Japanese corporate pension coverage," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(5), pages 537-555.
- Datta, Sudip & Iskandar-Datta, Mai E. & Zychowicz, Edward J., 1995. "Pension plan terminations, excess asset reversions and securityholder wealth," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 245-259, May.
- Trezevant, Robert, 1994. "How Did Firms Adjust Their Tax-Deductible Activities in Response to the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 47(2), pages 253-271, June.
- Atanasova, Christina & Hrazdil, Karel, 2010. "Why do healthy firms freeze their defined-benefit pension plans?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 293-303.
- Shackelford, Douglas A. & Shevlin, Terry, 2001. "Empirical tax research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 321-387, September.
- Kun Yu, 2016. "Excess of the PBO over the ABO and hard pension freezes," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 819-846, May.
- Comprix, Joseph & Muller, Karl A., 2011. "Pension plan accounting estimates and the freezing of defined benefit pension plans," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 115-133.
- Jullavut Kittiakaraskun & Yiuman Tse & George H.K. Wang, "undated". "The Impact of Trading Activity by Trader Types on Asymmetric Volatility in Nasdaq-100 Index Futures," Working Papers 0021, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Comprix, Joseph & Muller III, Karl A., 2011. "Pension plan accounting estimates and the freezing of defined benefit pension plans," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 115-133, February.
- Kazuo Yoshida & Yutaka Horiba, 2012. "Determinants of Defined-Contribution Japanese Corporate Pension Coverage," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 2, pages 33-47, December.
- Joseph, George & Lipka, Roland, 2006. "Distressed firms and the secular deterioration in usefulness of accounting information," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 295-303, February.
- Trezevant, Robert, 1994. "How Did Firms Adjust Their Tax-Deductible Activities in Response to the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 47(2), pages 253-71, June.
- Efendi, Jap & Park, Jin Dong & Smith, L. Murphy, 2014. "Do XBRL filings enhance informational efficiency? Early evidence from post-earnings announcement drift," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1099-1105.
- Clinch, Greg & Shibano, Toshi, 1996. "Differential tax benefits and the pension reversion decision," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 69-106, February.
- Hanka, Gordon, 1998. "Debt and the terms of employment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 245-282, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:11:y:1989:i:4:p:361-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.