Combination of long term and short term forecasts, with application to tourism demand forecasting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:322-335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaihua Deng, 2015. "Predicting By Learning: An Adaptive Rationale," Annals of Financial Economics (AFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(02), pages 1-14, December.
- Kourentzes, Nikolaos & Petropoulos, Fotios & Trapero, Juan R., 2014. "Improving forecasting by estimating time series structural components across multiple frequencies," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 291-302.
- Nowotarski, Jakub & Raviv, Eran & Trück, Stefan & Weron, Rafał, 2014.
"An empirical comparison of alternative schemes for combining electricity spot price forecasts,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 395-412.
- Jakub Nowotarski & Eran Raviv & Stefan Trueck & Rafal Weron, 2013. "An empirical comparison of alternate schemes for combining electricity spot price forecasts," HSC Research Reports HSC/13/07, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Barrow, Devon K. & Kourentzes, Nikolaos, 2016. "Distributions of forecasting errors of forecast combinations: Implications for inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 24-33.
- Athanasopoulos, George & Hyndman, Rob J. & Kourentzes, Nikolaos & Petropoulos, Fotios, 2017.
"Forecasting with temporal hierarchies,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 262(1), pages 60-74.
- George Athanasopoulos & Rob J Hyndman & Nikolaos Kourentzes & Fotios Petropoulos, 2015. "Forecasting with Temporal Hierarchies," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/15, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Athanasopoulos, George & Hyndman, Rob J. & Kourentzes, Nikolaos & Petropoulos, Fotios, 2015. "Forecasting with Temporal Hierarchies," MPRA Paper 66362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gunter, Ulrich & Önder, Irem, 2016. "Forecasting city arrivals with Google Analytics," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 199-212.
- Chai, Jian & Zhang, Zhong-Yu & Wang, Shou-Yang & Lai, Kin Keung & Liu, John, 2014. "Aviation fuel demand development in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 224-235.
- Cang, Shuang & Yu, Hongnian, 2014. "A combination selection algorithm on forecasting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 127-139.
- Jing Zeng, 2015. "Combining Country-Specific Forecasts when Forecasting Euro Area Macroeconomic Aggregates," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2015-11, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Chhorn, Theara & Chaiboonsri, Chukiat, 2017. "Modelling and Forecasting Tourist Arrivals to Cambodia: An Application of ARIMA-GARCH Approach," MPRA Paper 83942, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Dec 2017.
- Jing Zeng, 2016. "Combining country-specific forecasts when forecasting Euro area macroeconomic aggregates," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 43(2), pages 415-444, May.
- Kourentzes, Nikolaos & Petropoulos, Fotios, 2016. "Forecasting with multivariate temporal aggregation: The case of promotional modelling," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 145-153.
- repec:eee:touman:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:181-193 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTime series forecasting; Tourism forecasting; Tourism demand; Forecasting tourism in Egypt; Forecast combination; Exponential smoothing; Holt’s model; Bayesian forecasting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:27:y:2011:i:3:p:870-886. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.