On the behavior of journal impact factor rank-order distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hsiang-chi Tseng & Wei-neng Huang & Ding-wei Huang, 2017. "Modified Benford’s law for two-exponent distributions," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 110(3), pages 1403-1413, March.
- Marcel Ausloos & Roy Cerqueti, 2016. "Studies on Regional Wealth Inequalities: the case of Italy," Papers 1602.05356, arXiv.org.
- repec:spr:scient:v:115:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-018-2660-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:482:y:2017:i:c:p:173-180 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:84:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0094-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:83:y:2010:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0130-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Egghe, L., 2009. "Mathematical derivation of the impact factor distribution," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 290-295.
- Bertoli-Barsotti, Lucio & Lando, Tommaso, 2015. "On a formula for the h-index," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 762-776.
- Campanario, Juan Miguel, 2015. "Providing impact: The distribution of JCR journals according to references they contribute to the 2-year and 5-year journal impact factors," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 398-407.
- Sangwal, Keshra, 2013. "Citation and impact factor distributions of scientific journals published in individual countries," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 487-504.
- Li, Wentian, 2012. "Fitting Chinese syllable-to-character mapping spectrum by the beta rank function," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(4), pages 1515-1518.
- Sangwal, Keshra, 2014. "Distributions of citations of papers of individual authors publishing in different scientific disciplines: Application of Langmuir-type function," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 972-984.
- repec:spr:scient:v:87:y:2011:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0338-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brzezinski, Michal, 2014.
"Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution,"
Journal of Informetrics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 362-368.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2014. "Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution," Working Papers 2014-01, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Sangwal, Keshra, 2013. "Comparison of different mathematical functions for the analysis of citation distribution of papers of individual authors," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 36-49.
- Waltman, L. & van Eck, N.J.P., 2009. "Some Comments on Egghe’s Derivation of the Impact Factor Distribution," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-016-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Trueba, Carmen, 2012. "Modeling the probabilistic distribution of the impact factor," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 66-79.
- repec:spr:scient:v:87:y:2011:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0334-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiann-wien Hsu & Ding-wei Huang, 2016. "Impact factor distribution revisited with graphical representation," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(3), pages 1321-1329, June.
- Waltman, Ludo & van Eck, Nees Jan, 2009. "Some comments on Egghe's derivation of the impact factor distribution," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 363-366.
More about this item
KeywordsZipf’s law; Lotkaian Informetrics; Power laws; Impact factors;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:infome:v:1:y:2007:i:2:p:155-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joi .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.