Real exchange-rate changes in the European community : A new approach to the determination of optimum currency areas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bilson, John F O, 1978. "The Current Experience with Floating Exchange Rates: An Appraisal of the Monetary Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 392-397, May.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- Clements, Kenneth W., 1978. "The demand for traded and non-traded goods in the U.S," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 361-364.
- Kouri, Pentti J K, 1976. " The Exchange Rate and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run and in the Long Run: A Monetary Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 280-304.
- Abel, Andrew & Dornbusch, Rudiger & Huizinga, John & Marcus, Alan, 1979. "Money demand during hyperinflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 97-104, January.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1976. "The Terms of Trade and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 710-716, September.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1978. "Purchasing power parity and exchange rates : Another look at the evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 397-407.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kolev, Galina, 2012. "Quo vadis Eurozone? A reappraisal of the real exchange rate criterion," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 66061, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- George S. Tavlas, 2009.
"The Benefits And Costs Of Monetary Union In Southern Africa: A Critical Survey Of The Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-43, February.
- George S. Tavlas, 2008. "The Benefits and Costs of Monetary Union in Southern Africa: A Critical Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 70, Bank of Greece.
- Roland Vaubel, 1999. "Enforcing Competition Among Governments: Theory and Application to the European Union," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 327-338, November.
- Khamfula, Yohane & Huizinga, Harry, 2004. "The Southern African Development Community: suitable for a monetary union?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 699-714, April.
- Raoul Lättemäe, 2004. "Analysis of Asymmetric Shocks among the EU Members and Accession Countries: Can the Baltic Sea Cluster Be Distinguished?," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration,in: Modelling the Economies of the Baltic Sea Region, volume 17, chapter 4, pages 116-137 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Schweickert, Rainer & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Hiemenz, Ulrich, 1992. "Stabilisierung durch feste Wechselkurse: Fehlschlag in Entwicklungsländern - Erfolgsrezept für Osteuropa?," Kiel Discussion Papers 181, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jacques Mélitz, 1995.
"A suggested reformulation of the theory of optimal currency areas,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, pages 281-298.
- Melitz, Jacques, 1991. "A Suggested Reformulation of the Theory of Optimal Currency Areas," CEPR Discussion Papers 590, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vaubel, Roland, 1999. "The Future of the Euro : A Public Choice Perspective," Discussion Papers 570, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Woosik Moon & Yeongseop Rhee, 2012. "Asian Monetary Integration," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14191, April.
- repec:ecb:ecbwps:20141801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roland Vaubel, 2004. "The Future of the Euro: A Public Choice Approach," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 24(1-2), pages 151-161, Spring/Su.
- Weimann, Marco, 2002. "OCA theory and EMU eastern enlargement: An empirical application," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 07/02, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Chrysost BANGAKE, 2007.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Optimum Currency Area Index : Evidence from Africa,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
603, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Chrysost Bangake, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Optimum Currency Area Index : Evidence from Africa," Post-Print halshs-00268275, HAL.
- Semedo, Gervasio & Gauthier, Laurent & Bensafta, Kamel Malik, 2012. "Pôles de convergence, gains dynamiques de l’intégration économique et monétaire en Afrique de l’Ouest : une approche en termes de clusters," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 88(1), pages 37-85, mars.
- di Mauro, Filippo & Demian, Calin-Vlad, 2015. "The exchange rate, asymmetric shocks and asymmetric distributions," Working Paper Series 1801, European Central Bank.
- George Demopoulos & Nicholas Yannacopoulos, 1999. "Conditions for Optimality of a Currency Area," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 289-303, July.
- Gammadigbé, Vigninou, 2013.
"Endogénéité des critères d'une zone monétaire optimale: un réexamen
[Endogeneity of the optimum currency area criteria: a re-examination]," MPRA Paper 46727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hélène Erkel-Rousse, 1997. "Degré de flexibilité des marchés du travail, ajustement à des chocs asymétriques et union monétaire européenne," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 128(2), pages 79-100.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michael Freudenberg, 1999. "Endogenous Symmetry of Shocks in a Monetary Union," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 263-287, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:8:y:1978:i:2:p:319-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.