Forward markets, currency options and the hedging of foreign exchange risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- O. Galor & H. M. Polemarchakis, 1987.
"Intertemporal Equilibrium and the Transfer Paradox,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, pages 147-156.
- Galor, O. & Polemarchakis, H.M., 1984. "Intertemporal equilibrium and the transfor paradox," CORE Discussion Papers 1984014, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Iorio, Amalia & Faff, Robert, 2000. "An analysis of asymmetry in foreign currency exposure of the Australian equities market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, pages 133-159.
- Patricia S. Pollard & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2004. "Size matters: asymmetric exchange rate pass-through at the industry level," Working Papers 2003-029, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bartram, Sohnke M., 2004.
"Linear and nonlinear foreign exchange rate exposures of German nonfinancial corporations,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 673-699, June.
- Sohnke M. Bartram, 2002. "Linear and Nonlinear Foreign Exchange Rate Exposures of German Nonfinancial Corporations," Finance 0207001, EconWPA.
- Webber, A., 1999. "Newton's Gravity Law and Import Prices in the Asia Pacific," Economics Working Papers WP99-12, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Bartram, Sohnke M. & Dufey, Gunter & Frenkel, Michael R., 2005. "A primer on the exposure of non-financial corporations to foreign exchange rate risk," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, pages 394-413.
- Wong, Kit Pong, 2006. "The effects of abandonment options on operating leverage and forward hedging," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 72-86.
- Uluc Aysun & Melanie Guldi, 2008. "Increasing Derivatives Market Activity in Emerging Markets and Exchange Rate Exposure," Working papers 2008-06, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2008.
- Tapiwa d. Karoro & Meshach j. Aziakpono & Nicolette Cattaneo, 2009.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through To Import Prices In South Africa: Is There Asymmetry?,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(3), pages 380-398, September.
- T D Karoro & M J Aziakpono & N Cattaneo, 2008. "Exchange rate pass-through to import prices in South Africa: Is there asymmetry?," Working Papers 79, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Wong, Kit Pong, 2007. "Operational and financial hedging for exporting firms," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 459-470.
- Al-Shboul, Mohammad & Anwar, Sajid, 2014. "Foreign exchange rate exposure: Evidence from Canada," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 18-29.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1991. "Are Option-Implied Forecasts of Exchange Rate Volatility Excessively Variable?," NBER Working Papers 3910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lien, Donald & Wang, Yan, 2006. "Cross-hedging with futures and options: The effects of disappointment aversion," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, pages 16-26.
- Aysun, Uluc & Guldi, Melanie, 2011. "Exchange rate exposure: A nonparametric approach," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 321-337.
- Broll Udo, 1999. "Export as an Option," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 19-26.
- Chou, De-Wai & Lin, Lin & Hung, Pi-Hsia & Lin, Chun Heng, 2017. "A revisit to economic exposure of U.S. multinational corporations," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 273-287.
- Raphael, Brun-Aguerre & Ana-Maria, Fuertes & Matthew, Greenwood-Nimmo, 2016. "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Asymmetry in Exchange Rate Pass-Through Into Import Prices," MPRA Paper 71764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amit Ghosh, 2009. "Implications of production sharing on exchange rate pass-through," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 334-345.
- Broll, Udo & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1995. "Multiple currencies and cross hedging," Discussion Papers, Series II 280, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Bartram, Söhnke M., 2004. "The Use of Options in Corporate Risk Management," MPRA Paper 6663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:4:p:934-948 is not listed on IDEAS
- Webber, Anthony G., 2000. "Newton's gravity law and import prices in the Asia Pacific," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 71-87, January.
- Joseph, Nathan Lael, 2000. "The choice of hedging techniques and the characteristics of UK industrial firms," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, pages 161-184.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2013. "The art of currency manipulation : how to profiteer by deliberately distorting exchange rates," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6608, The World Bank.
- MoonJoong Tcha, 2005. "Australian Wool Exports and Exchange Rate Pass-Through: Asymmetric Responses and Market Share," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 05-31, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:25:y:1988:i:3-4:p:291-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.