How international are executive boards of European MNCs? Nationality diversity in 15 European countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Krenn, 2017. "The Impact of Taxes on Competition for CEOs," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 503-530, July.
- Eelke M Heemskerk & Fabio Daolio & Marco Tomassini, 2013. "The Community Structure of the European Network of Interlocking Directorates 2005–2010," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(7), pages 1-11, July.
- Kees Van Veen & Janine Elbertsen, 2008. "Governance Regimes and Nationality Diversity in Corporate Boards: A Comparative Study of Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 386-399, September.
- Szymon Kaczmarek & Winfried Ruigrok, 2013. "In at the Deep End of Firm Internationalization," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 513-534, August.
- Sabina Nielsen, 2010. "Top Management Team Internationalization and Firm Performance," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 185-206, April.
- Gietl, Daniel & Haufler, Andreas, 2018.
"Bonus taxes and international competition for bank managers,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 41-60.
- Gietl, Daniel & Haufler, Andreas, 2016. "Bonus Taxes and International Competition for Bank Managers," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145615, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Daniel Gietl & Andreas Haufler, 2017. "Bonus Taxes and International Competition for Bank Managers," CESifo Working Paper Series 6495, CESifo.
- Gietl, Daniel & Haufler, Andreas, 2017. "Bonus Taxes and International Competition for Bank Managers," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 34, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Ravasi, Claudio, 2013. "Les top managers internationaux des grandes entreprises suisses: profils et parcours de carrière," FSES Working Papers 445, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Schmid, Stefan & Altfeld, Frederic & Dauth, Tobias, 2018. "Americanization as a driver of CEO pay in Europe: The moderating role of CEO power," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 433-451.
- Muellner, Jakob & Klopf, Patricia & Nell, Phillip C., 2017. "Trojan Horses or Local Allies: Host-country National Managers in Developing Market Subsidiaries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 306-325.
- Dalilawati Zainal & Norhayah Zulkifli & Zakiah Saleh, 2013. "Corporate Board Diversity in Malaysia: A Longitudinal Analysis of Gender and Nationality Diversity," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 136-148, January.
- Greve, Peder & Biemann, Torsten & Ruigrok, Winfried, 2015. "Foreign executive appointments: A multilevel examination," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 674-686.
- van Veen, Kees & Sahib, Padma Rao & Aangeenbrug, Evelien, 2014. "Where do international board members come from? Country-level antecedents of international board member selection in European boards," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 407-417.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Gregori, Aleksandra & Randøy, Trond & Thomsen, Steen, 2013. "On the Internationalization of Corporate Boards," Working Paper Series 951, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Houda Ghaya & Gilles Lambert, 2012. "Caractéristiques de la diversité au sein des conseils d’administration et performance financière : une étude empirique sur les entreprises du CAC40," Working Papers of BETA 2012-14, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Stefan Schmid & Simon Mitterreiter, 2020. "International Top Managers on Corporate Boards: Dissimilarity and Tenure," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 60(5), pages 787-825, October.
- Georgakakis, Dimitrios & Dauth, Tobias & Ruigrok, Winfried, 2016. "Too much of a good thing: Does international experience variety accelerate or delay executives’ career advancement?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 425-437.
- Davoine, Eric & Ravasi, Claudio, 2013. "The relative stability of national career patterns in European top management careers in the age of globalisation: A comparative study in France/Germany/Great Britain and Switzerland," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 152-163.
- Schmid, Stefan & Wurster, Dennis J., 2017. "International work experience: Is it really accelerating the way to the management board of MNCs?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 991-1008.
More about this item
KeywordsNationality diversity Executive board Top Management Team Managerial labour market Internationalization Upper Echelon Theory European Union;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eurman:v:26:y:2008:i:3:p:188-198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.