The stochastic specification of demand share equations: Restricting budget shares to the unit simplex
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Segerson, Kathleen, 1986. "Singularity and Auotregressive Disturbances in Linear Logit Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 4(2), pages 161-169, April.
- Russel J. Cooper & Keith R. McLaren, 1992. "An Empirically Oriented Demand System with Improved Regularity Properties," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 652-668, August.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terrence J, 1969. "Estimation of the Linear Expenditure System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 611-628, October.
- Brown, Bryan W & Walker, Mary Beth, 1989. "The Random Utility Hypothesis and Inference in Demand Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 815-829, July.
- McElroy, Marjorie B, 1987. "Additive General Error Models for Production, Cost, and Derived Demand or Share Systems," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 737-757, August.
- Woodland, A. D., 1979. "Stochastic specification and the estimation of share equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 361-383, August.
- Bewley, R A, 1982. "The Generalised Addilog Demand System Applied to Australian Time Series and Cross-Section Data," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(38), pages 177-192, June.
- Bewley, R A, 1982. "On the Functional Form of Engel Curves: The Australian Household Expenditure Survey, 1975-76," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 58(160), pages 82-91, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paris, Quirino & Caracciolo, Francesco, 2014. "Testing the adding up condition in demand systems," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182827, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Denis Conniffe & John Eakins, 2003.
"Does the Stochastic Specification of the Linear Expenditure System Matter?,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(1), pages 23-32.
- Prof. Denis Conniffe and John Eakins, 2002. "Does the Stochastic Specification of the Linear Expenditure System Matter?," NIRSA Working Paper Series 8, National Institute for Regional and Spatial Analysis (NIRSA), NUI Maynooth, Ireland..
- ARATA Yoshiyuki & ONOZAKI Tamotsu, 2017. "A Compositional Data Analysis of Market Share Dynamics," Discussion papers 17076, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Paris, Quirino & Caracciolo, Francesco, 2012. "Quantity Versus Shares in Estimating Demand Systems," Working Papers 124575, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2012.
"The distribution of household consumption-expenditure budget shares,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 69-91.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2009. "The distribution of households consumption-expenditure budget shares," Working Paper Series 1061, European Central Bank.
- repec:eee:jaitra:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:119-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary Wong & Qiao Yu, 2001. "Inverse Demand Systems for Composite Liquid Assets: Evidence from China," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 097, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Martin Bod’a, 2017. "Stochastic sensitivity analysis of concentration measures," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 25(2), pages 441-471, June.
- Blazej Mazur, 2006. "Imposing Economic Restrictions in a VECM-form Demand System," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 7, pages 269-280.
- Gordon Anderson & Maria Grazia Pittau & Roberto Zelli, 2016. "Assessing the convergence and mobility of nations without artificially specified class boundaries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 283-304, September.
- Clements, Kenneth W. & Gao, Grace, 2012. "Quality, quantity, spending and prices," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 1376-1391.
- José M. R. Murteira & Joaquim J. S. Ramalho, 2016.
"Regression Analysis of Multivariate Fractional Data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 515-552, April.
- José M.R. Murteira & Joaquim J.S. Ramalho, 2013. "Regression Analysis of Multivariate Fractional Data," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_05, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Alan A. Powell, 1997. "How Does the Share of Imports Change During Structural Adjustment?," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers op-86, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- John Mullahy, 2010.
"Multivariate Fractional Regression Estimation of Econometric Share Models,"
NBER Working Papers
16354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Mullahy, 2011. "Multivariate Fractional Regression Estimation Of Econometric Share Models," Working Papers 201133, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- McLaren, Keith R., 1996. "Parsimonious autocorrelation corrections for singular demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 115-121, November.
- McKitrick, Ross R., 1998. "The econometric critique of computable general equilibrium modeling: the role of functional forms," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 543-573, October.
- Grose, S. & McLaren, K., 2000. "An EM Algorithm for Modelling Variably-Aggregated Demand," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 2/00, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Grose, S. & McLaren, K., 2000. "Estimating Demand with Varied Levels of Aggregation," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 1/00, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:73:y:1996:i:2:p:377-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.