Moment-based estimation and testing of stochastic frontier models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- King, Maxwell L. & Evans, Merran A., 1988. "Locally Optimal Properties of the Durbin-Watson Test," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 509-516, December.
- Davis, Richard & Resnick, Sidney, 1985. "More limit theory for the sample correlation function of moving averages," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 257-279, September.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987. "Time Series Regression with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, pages 277-301.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1986. "On the Performance of Least Squares in Linear Regression with Undefined Error Means," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 798, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- King, Maxwell L. & Wu, Ping X., 1991. "Small-disturbance asymptotics and the Durbin-Watson and related tests in the dynamic regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 145-152, January.
- Phillips, P C B, 1987.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, pages 277-301.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression," Cahiers de recherche 8633, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Pierre Perron, 1986. "Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 795R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Sep 1987.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PPUNIT: RATS procedure to perform Phillips-Perron Unit Root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00160, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kariya, Takeaki, 1988. "The Class of Models for which the Durbin-Watson Test is Locally Optimal," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(1), pages 167-175, February.
- repec:jns:jbstat:v:185:y:1971:i:4:p:345-358:n:5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bartels, Robert & Goodhew, John, 1981. "The Robustness of the Durbin-Watson Test," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(1), pages 136-139, February.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou, 1987. "Bimodal t-Ratios," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 842, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Yi-Yi & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2004. "A method of moments estimator for a stochastic frontier model with errors in variables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 221-228, November.
- Maira Caño- Guiral, 1995. "Competitividad y eficiencia técnica. Un modelo de datos panel para la industria láctea uruguaya," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0795, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Schure, Paul & Wagenvoort, Rien & O'Brien, Dermot, 2004.
"The efficiency and the conduct of European banks: Developments after 1992,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, pages 371-396.
- Paul Schure & Dermot O'Brien & Rien Wagenvoort, 2002. "The Efficiency and the Conduct of European Banks: Developments after 1992," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 60, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- William Greene, 2010.
"A stochastic frontier model with correction for sample selection,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 15-24, August.
- William Greene, 2008. "A Stochastic Frontier Model with Correction for Sample Selection," Working Papers 08-9, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Sheriff, Glenn, 2009. "Implementing second-best environmental policy under adverse selection," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 253-268, May.
- Xu Guo & Gao-Rong Li & Wing-Keung Wong & Michael McAleer, 2017.
"Specification Testing of Production in a Stochastic Frontier Model,"
Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE
2017-23, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Xu Guo & Gao-Rong Li & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong, 2017. "Specification Testing of Production in a Stochastic Frontier Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-097/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Guo, X. & Li, G.-R. & McAleer, M.J. & Wong, W.-K., 2017. "Specification Testing of Production in a Stochastic Frontier Model," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2017-27, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Li, Qi, 1996.
"Estimating a stochastic production frontier when the adjusted error is symmetric,"
Elsevier, pages 221-228.
- Li, Q., 1994. "Estimating a Stochastic Production Frontier when the Adjusted Error is Symmetric," Working Papers 1994-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- John Mullahy & Jody L. Sindelar, 1995.
"Health, Income, and Risk Aversion: Assessing Some Welfare Costs of Alcoholism and Poor Health,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 439-459.
- John Mullahy & Jody L. Sindelar, 1994. "Health, Income, and Risk Aversion: Assessing Some Welfare Costs of Alcoholism and Poor Health," NBER Working Papers 4649, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Song, Junmo & Oh, Dong-hyun & Kang, Jiwon, 2017. "Robust estimation in stochastic frontier models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 243-267.
- Cliff Huang & Tsu-Tan Fu, 1999. "An Average Derivative Estimation of Stochastic Frontiers," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 45-53, August.
- Wagenvoort, Rien & Schure, Paul, 1999. "The Recursive Thick Frontier Approach to Estimating Efficiency," Economic and Financial Reports 1999/2, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Wei Wang & Christine Amsler & Peter Schmidt, 2011. "Goodness of fit tests in stochastic frontier models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 95-118, April.
- Boisvert, Richard N. & Chang, Hung-Hao, 2005. "Explaining Participation in the Conservation Reserve Program and its Effects on Farm Productivity and Efficiency," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19321, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sheriff, Glenn, 2006. "Empirical Calibration of a Least-Cost Conservation Reserve Program," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21420, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pizer, William & Harrington, Winston & Shih, Jhih-Shyang & Gillingham, Kenneth, 2004. "Economies of Scale and Technical Efficiency in Community Water Systems," Discussion Papers dp-04-15, Resources For the Future.
- C. O’Donnell, 2014.
"Econometric estimation of distance functions and associated measures of productivity and efficiency change,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 187-200, April.
- C.J. O’Donnell, 2011. "Econometric Estimation of Distance Functions and Associated Measures of Productivity and Efficiency Change," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012011, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Park, Soo-Uk & Lesourd, Jean-Baptiste, 2000. "The efficiency of conventional fuel power plants in South Korea: A comparison of parametric and non-parametric approaches," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Rien J. L. M. Wagenvoort & Paul H. Schure, 2006.
"A Recursive Thick Frontier Approach to Estimating Production Efficiency,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, pages 183-201.
- Rien Wagenvoort & Paul Schure, 2005. "A Recursive Thick Frontier Approach To Estimating Production Efficiency," Econometrics Working Papers 0503, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Martin, Sheila Ann, 1992. "The effectiveness of state technology incentives: evidence from the machine tool industry," ISU General Staff Papers 1992010108000011381, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:46:y:1990:i:1-2:p:165-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.