On the relationship between income inequality measures and social welfare functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2001.
"Growth, income distribution and well-being in transition countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(2), pages 359-394, July.
- Grün, Carola & Klasen, Stephan, 2000. "Growth, Income Distribution, And well-Being In Transition Countries," Discussion Papers in Economics 26, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Udo Ebert, 2007. "Ethical inequality measures and the redistribution of income when needs differ," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(3), pages 263-278, December.
- Zheng, Buhong, 2000. "Minimum Distribution-Sensitivity, Poverty Aversion, and Poverty Orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 116-137, November.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga, 2005.
"Social Welfare Orderings: A Life-Cycle Perspective,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 72(3), pages 497-514, August.
- Ramses H. ABUL NAGA, 2001. "Social Welfare Orderings: A Life-Cycle Perspective," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 01.12, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2003. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Well-Being: Comparisons across Space and Time," CESifo Working Paper Series 837, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalised Social Welfare Function and its Disaggregation by Components of Income: The Method and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0121, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Dagum, Camilo, 2001. "Desigualdad del rédito y bienestar social, descomposición, distancia direccional y distancia métrica entre distribuciones," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 17, pages 5-52, Abril.
- Satya R. Chakravarty, 2009. "Equity and efficiency as components of a social welfare function," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 181-199.
- Camacho Cuena, Eva & Neugebauer, Tibor & Seidl, Christian, 2004. "Leaky bucket Paradoxes in income inequality perceptions: an experimental investigation," Economics Working Papers 2004-04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Yoram Amiel & Frank A Cowell, 1997. "Inequality, Welfare and Monotonicity," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 29, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Christian Seidl, 2007. "The Impossibility of a Just Pigouvian," Working Papers 69, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Seokcheon Lee, 2017. "A new preparedness policy for EMS logistics," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 105-114, March.
- Prieto Alaiz, M. & Pena Trapero, B., 2000. "Repercusiones de la ocultación de renta sobre la medición de la desigualdad," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 14, pages 153-172, Abril.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2002. "Income Inequality and Growth in Transition Economies: Are Nonlinear Models Needed?," WIDER Working Paper Series 104, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gruen, Carola & Klasen, Stephan, 2012. "Has transition improved well-being?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 11-30.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Efficiency Criteria and the Sen-type Social Welfare Function," Departmental Working Papers wp0114, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Wan, Guanghua & Wang, Chen & Zhang, Xun, 2016. "Structural Change and Income Distribution: Accounting for Regional Inequality in the People’s Republic of China and Its Changes during 1952–2012," ADBI Working Papers 608, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Marina Malkina, 2017. "Social Well-Being of the Russian Federation Regions," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 49-62.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2002. "Regression-based Inequality Decomposition: Pitfalls and a Solution Procedure," WIDER Working Paper Series 101, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wan, Guang Hua, 2001. "Changes in regional inequality in rural China: decomposing the Gini index by income sources," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-21.
- Giovanni Giorgi & Stefania Gubbiotti, 2015. "On Corrado Gini’s 1932 paper “Intorno alle curve di concentrazione”. A selection of translated excerpts," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 73(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Camacho Cuena, Eva & Neugebauer, Tibor & Seidl, Christian, 2005. "Compensating justice beats leaky buckets: an experimental investigation," Economics Working Papers 2005-06, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalized Social Welfare Function, its Decomposition and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0119, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:43:y:1990:i:1-2:p:91-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.