Terms of trade fluctuations and economic growth in developing economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989. "Growth And Welfare In A Small Open Economy," Papers 15-89, Tel Aviv.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1991. "Irreversible Investment with Price Ceilings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 541-557, June.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1989.
"Promises, Promises: Credible Policy Reform via Signalling,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 756-772, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 1988. "Promises, Promises: Credible Policy Reform via Signaling," NBER Working Papers 2600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feliz, Raul Anibal & Welch, John H., 1997. "Cointegration and tests of a classical model of inflation in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Mexico, and Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 189-219, February.
- Paul Cashin & Christopher J. Kent, 2003. "The Response of the Current Account to Terms of Trade Shocks; Persistence Matters," IMF Working Papers 03/143, International Monetary Fund.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Afxentiou, Panos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2000. "Output growth and the variability of exports and imports growth: international evidence from Granger causality tests," MPRA Paper 1750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky & Pablo Vega-García, 2016.
"Systemic And Idiosyncratic Sovereign Debt Crises,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 80-114, February.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Pablo Vega-García, 2014. "Systemic and Idiosyncratic Sovereign Debt Crises," NBER Working Papers 20042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Vega-Garcia, Pablo, 2015. "Systemic and Idiosyncratic Sovereign Debt Crises," MPRA Paper 65996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky & Pablo Vega-Garcia, 2016. "Systemic and Idiosyncratic Sovereign Debt Crises," Working Papers 2016-27, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Osei, Edward, 1994. "Papers on the role of natural resources in international trade," ISU General Staff Papers 1994010108000011499, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nikolaos Dritsakis, 2004. "Exports, investments and economic development of pre-accession countries of the European Union: an empirical investigation of Bulgaria and Romania," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(16), pages 1831-1838.
- Rocío Gondo & Marco Vega, 2017.
"The dynamics of investment projects: evidence from Peru,"
BIS Working Papers
621, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gondo, Rocío & Vega, Marco, 2017. "The Dynamics of Investment Projects: Evidence from Peru," Working Papers 2017-006, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2011.
"Terms of Trade and Growth of Resource Economies: A Tale of Two Countries,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2011-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2011. "Terms of Trade and Growth of Resource Economies: A Tale of Two Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Salim B. Furth, 2010. "Terms of Trade Volatility and Precautionary Savings in Developing Economies," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_013, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Cashin, Paul & McDermott, C. John & Pattillo, Catherine, 2004.
"Terms of trade shocks in Africa: are they short-lived or long-lived?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 727-744, April.
- Paul Cashin & Catherine A Pattillo, 2000. "Terms of Trade Shocks in Africa; Are they Short-Lived or Long-Lived?," IMF Working Papers 00/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Idrisov, Georgiy & Ponomarev, Yuriy & Sinelnikov-Murylev, Sergei, 2015. "Terms of trade and economic development of modern Russia," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 3, pages 7-37.
- Gonzalo Hernández, 2011. "Terms of Trade and Output Fluctuations in Colombia," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-04, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Raymond Riezman, 2013.
"Trade shocks and macroeconomic fluctuations in Africa,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade Agreements and Political Economy, chapter 19, pages 369-394
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Kose, M. Ayhan & Riezman, Raymond, 2001. "Trade shocks and macroeconomic fluctuations in Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 55-80, June.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Raymond Riezman, 1999. "Trade Shocks and Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Africa," CSGR Working papers series 43/99, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Raymond Riezman, 1999. "Trade Shocks and Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Africa," CESifo Working Paper Series 203, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christopher Blattman & Jason Hwang & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2004.
"The Impact of the Terms of Trade on Economic Development in the Periphery, 1870-1939: Volatility and Secular Change,"
NBER Working Papers
10600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blattman, Christopher & Hwang, Jason & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2005. "The Impact of the Terms of Trade on Economic Development in the Periphery, 1870-1939: Volatility and Secular Change," CEPR Discussion Papers 5073, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher Blattman & Jason Hwang & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2004. "The Impact of the Terms of Trade on Economic Development in the Periphery, 1870-1939: Volatility and Secular Change," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2040, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Gheorghe Săvoiu & Vasile Dinu & Laurenţiu Tăchiciu, 2012. "Romania Foreign Trade in Global Recession, Revealed by the Extended Method of Exchange Rate Indicators," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 173-194, February.
- O Okiti, 2003. "A Dynamic General Equilibrium Model with Terms of Trade Shocks: A Small Open Economy Case," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0333, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Cemal Eren Arbatli, 2016. "Trade and income growth in the Ottoman Empire: assessing the role of volatility and trend growth in terms of trade," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(2), pages 173-194, August.
- Anusorn Tamajai, . "The Impact of Capital Inflows of Asian Economic Growth," Fordham Economics Dissertations, Fordham University, Department of Economics, number 2000.4.
- Chantal Dupasquier & Patrick N. Osakwe, 2006.
"Trade Regimes, Liberalization and Macroeconomic Instability in Africa,"
Development Economics Working Papers
21823, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chantal Dupasquier & Patrick N. Osakwe, 2006. "Trade Regimes, Liberalization and Macroeconomic Instability in Africa," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0604, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Otto, G., 2003. "Terms of trade shocks and the balance of trade: there is a Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 155-184, April.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:2:y:2016:i:3:p:279-301 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:37:y:1991:i:1-2:p:89-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.