On the Testability of Identification in Some Nonparametric Models With Endogeneity
This paper examines three distinct hypothesis testing problems that arise in the context of identification of some nonparametric models with endogeneity. The first hypothesis testing problem we study concerns testing necessary conditions for identification in some nonparametric models with endogeneity involving mean independence restrictions. These conditions are typically referred to as completeness conditions. The second and third hypothesis testing problems we examine concern testing for identification directly in some nonparametric models with endogeneity involving quantile independence restrictions. For each of these hypothesis testing problems, we provide conditions under which any test will have power no greater than size against any alternative. In this sense, we conclude that no nontrivial tests for these hypothesis testing problems exist.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 81 (2013)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 1 212 998 3820|
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://www.econometricsociety.org/publications/econometrica/access/ordering-back-issues Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cragg, John G. & Donald, Stephen G., 1997. "Inferring the rank of a matrix," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 223-250.
- Joel Horowitz & Sokbae 'Simon' Lee, 2006.
"Nonparametric instrumental variables estimation of a quantile regression model,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP09/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Joel L. Horowitz & Sokbae Lee, 2007. "Nonparametric Instrumental Variables Estimation of a Quantile Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(4), pages 1191-1208, 07.
- Hannes Leeb & Benedikt M. Potscher, 2003.
"Can One Estimate the Conditional Distribution of Post-Model-Selection Estimators?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1444, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Leeb, Hannes & P tscher, Benedikt M., 2008. "Can One Estimate The Unconditional Distribution Of Post-Model-Selection Estimators?," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 338-376, April.
- Leeb, Hannes & Pötscher, Benedikt M., 2005. "Can One Estimate the Unconditional Distribution of Post-Model-Selection Estimators ?," MPRA Paper 72, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MÜller, Ulrich K., 2008. "The Impossibility Of Consistent Discrimination Between I(0) And I(1) Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 616-630, June.
- D’Haultfoeuille, Xavier, 2011.
"On The Completeness Condition In Nonparametric Instrumental Problems,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 460-471, June.
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille, 2006. "On the Completeness Condition in Nonparametric Instrumental Problems," Working Papers 2006-32, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Kleibergen, F.R. & Paap, R., 2003.
"Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2003-01, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Kleibergen, Frank & Paap, Richard, 2006. "Generalized reduced rank tests using the singular value decomposition," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 97-126, July.
- Richard Paap & Frank Kleibergen, 2004. "Generalized Reduced Rank Tests using the Singular Value Decomposition," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 195, Econometric Society.
- Patrick Gagliardini & Olivier Scaillet, 2012. "Nonparametric Instrumental Variable Estimation of Structural Quantile Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 80(4), pages 1533-1562, 07.
- Cragg, John G. & Donald, Stephen G., 1993. "Testing Identifiability and Specification in Instrumental Variable Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 222-240, April.
- Richard Blundell & Xiaohong Chen & Dennis Kristensen, 2007. "Semi-Nonparametric IV Estimation of Shape-Invariant Engel Curves," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(6), pages 1613-1669, November.
- Yingyao Hu & Susanne M. Schennach, 2008. "Instrumental Variable Treatment of Nonclassical Measurement Error Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(1), pages 195-216, 01.
- Xiaohong Chen & Demian Pouzo, 2012. "Estimation of Nonparametric Conditional Moment Models With Possibly Nonsmooth Generalized Residuals," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 80(1), pages 277-321, 01.
- Stefan Hoderlein & Lars Nesheim & Anna Simoni, 2012. "Semiparametric estimation of random coefficients in structural economic models," CeMMAP working papers CWP09/12, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Whitney K. Newey & James L. Powell, 2003. "Instrumental Variable Estimation of Nonparametric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1565-1578, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:81:y:2013:i:6:p:2535-2559. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.