On the Possibility of Price Decreasing Bubbles
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Behzad T. Diba & Herschel I. Grossman, 1987. "On the Inception of Rational Bubbles," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(3), pages 697-700.
- Gale, David, 1973. "Pure exchange equilibrium of dynamic economic models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 12-36, February.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983.
"Speculative Hyperinflations in Maximizing Models: Can We Rule Them Out?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 675-687, August.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1981. "Speculative hyperinflations in a maximizing models: can we rule them out?," International Finance Discussion Papers 195, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 1983. "Speculative Hyperinflations in Maximizing Models: Can We Rule Them Out?," Scholarly Articles 12491027, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1982. "Speculative Hyperinflations in Maximizing Models: Can We Rule Them Out?," NBER Working Papers 0855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1985. "On Endogenous Competitive Business Cycles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 995-1045, September.
- West, Kenneth D, 1988.
" Bubbles, Fads and Stock Price Volatility Tests: A Partial Evaluation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 639-656, July.
- Kenneth D. West, 1988. "Bubbles, Fads, and Stock Price Volatility Tests: A Partial Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 2574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Bagwell, Kyle, 1988. "Is Everything Neutral?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 308-338, April.
- Weil, Philippe, 1989. "Overlapping families of infinitely-lived agents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huo, Teh-Ming, 1995. "Stationary sunspot equilibrium in a cash-in-advance economy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 831-843, May.
- Huo, T. -M., 1996. "Monetary confidence and asset prices," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 363-376.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Siklos, Pierre L., 2004. "The present value model of U.S. stock prices redux: a new testing strategy and some evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 208-223, May.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2015. "Asset Price Bubbles," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 201-218, December.
- KevinJ. Lansing, 2010. "Rational and Near-Rational Bubbles Without Drift," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(549), pages 1149-1174, December.
- van Norden, Simon, 1996.
"Regime Switching as a Test for Exchange Rate Bubbles,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 219-251, May-June.
- Simon van Norden, 1995. "Regime Switching as a Test for Exchange Rate Bubbles," Econometrics 9502001, EconWPA, revised 09 Aug 1995.
- Guillaume Vuillemey & Etienne Wasmer, 2016. "Frictional Unemployment and Stochastic Bubbles," Sciences Po publications 10265, Sciences Po.
- Stefano Bosi & Cuong Le Van & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2016.
"Rational land and housing bubbles in infinite-horizon economies,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
16027, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Cuong Le Van & Stefano Bosi & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2017. "Rational land and housing bubbles in infinite-horizon economies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01397606, HAL.
- Stefano Bosi & Cuong Le Van & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2016. "Rational land and housing bubbles in infinite-horizon economies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01314609, HAL.
- Vuillemey, Guillaume & Wasmer, Etienne, 2016. "Frictional Unemployment with Stochastic Bubbles," CEPR Discussion Papers 11561, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefano Bosi & Cuong Le Van & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2015.
"Intertemporal equilibrium with heterogeneous agents, endogenous dividends and borrowing constraints,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
15067, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Stefano Bosi & Cuong Le Van & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2015. "Intertemporal equilibrium with heterogeneous agents, endogenous dividends, and borrowing constraints," Documents de recherche 15-05, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Dmitry Kulikov, 2012. "Testing for Rational Speculative Bubbles on the Estonian Stock Market," Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology, vol. 4(1).
- Sampson, Michael, 2003. "New Eras and Stock Market Bubbles," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 297-315, September.
- Eduardo Giménez, 2007. "On the positive fundamental value of money with short-sale constraints," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 455-469, October.
- Lansing, Kevin J., 2012. "Speculative growth, overreaction, and the welfare cost of technology-driven bubbles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 461-483.
- Alessandro Fiori Maccioni, 2011. "Endogenous Bubbles in Derivatives Markets: The Risk Neutral Valuation Paradox," Papers 1106.5274, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2011.
- Vigfusson, R. & Van Norden, S., 1996.
"Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?,"
Staff Working Papers
96-11, Bank of Canada.
- Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1996. "Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?," Meeting papers 9603001, EconWPA.
- Anderson, Keith & Brooks, Chris & Katsaris, Apostolos, 2010.
"Speculative bubbles in the S&P 500: Was the tech bubble confined to the tech sector?,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, pages 345-361.
- Chris Brooks & Apostolos Katsaris, 2006. "Speculative Bubbles in the S&P 500: Was the Tech Bubble Confined to the Tech Sector?," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2006-07, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Kim, Jan R. & Lim, Gieyoung, 2016. "Fundamentals and rational bubbles in the Korean housing market: A modified present-value approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 174-181.
- Zhou, Ge, 2011. "Rational bubbles and the spirit of capitalism," MPRA Paper 33988, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 2002. "Speculative Growth," NBER Working Papers 9381, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abbigail J. Chiodo & Massimo Guidolin & Michael T. Owyang & Makoto Shimoji, 2003. "Subjective probabilities: psychological evidence and economic applications," Working Papers 2003-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Takeshi Kobayashi & Masaya Sakuragawa, 2008. "Boom and Bust Cycle of the Stock Market, and Economic Growth in a Vintage Capital Model," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(3), pages 411-432.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01314609 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chris Brooks & Apostolos Katsaris, 2002. "Forecasting the Collapse of Speculative Bubbles: An Empirical Investigation of the S&P 500 Composite Index," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2002-04, Henley Business School, Reading University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:58:y:1990:i:6:p:1467-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.