Macroeconomic Planning and Disequilibrium: Estimates for Poland, 1955-1980
The authors specify and estimate a four-equation disequilibrium model of the consumption goods market in a centrally planned econo my. This work is based on previous papers of R. Portes and D. Winter_(1977) and W. Charemza and R. Quandt_(1982). The model contains a household demand equation , a planners' supply equation, a "min" condition and plan adjustment equation through which plan formation becomes endogenous. The paper uses a unique new data set of time series for plans for the major macroeconomic variables in Poland. The overall framework is applicable to any large organization which plans economic variables. Coauthors are Richard E. Quandt, David Winter, and Stephen Yeo. Copyright 1987 by The Econometric Society.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 55 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 1 212 998 3820|
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://www.econometricsociety.org/publications/econometrica/access/ordering-back-issues Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Portes, Richard & Winter, David, 1977. "The supply of consumption goods in centrally planned economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 351-365, December.
- Burkett, John P., 1981. "Marginal and conditional probabilities of excess demand," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 159-162.
- Portes, Richard, 1981. "Macroeconomic Equilibrium and Disequilibrium in Centrally Planned Economies," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 559-78, October.
- Portes, Richard & Winter, David, 1980. "Disequilibrium Estimates for Consumption Goods Markets in Centrally Planned Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 137-59, January.
- Davidson, James E H, et al, 1978. "Econometric Modelling of the Aggregate Time-Series Relationship between Consumers' Expenditure and Income in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 661-92, December.
- Charemza, Wojciech & Quandt, Richard E, 1982. "Models and Estimation of Disequilibrium for Centrally Planned Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 109-16, January.
- Quandt, Richard E., 1981. "Autocorrelated errors in simple disequilibrium models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 55-61.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:55:y:1987:i:1:p:19-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.