On the Welfare Analysis of Rational Expectations Equilibria with Asymmetric Information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Blume, L. E. & Bray, M. M. & Easley, D., 1982. "Introduction to the stability of rational expectations equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 313-317, April.
- Blume, Lawrence & Easley, David, 1992. "Evolution and market behavior," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 9-40, October.
- D. Blackwell & L. Dubins, 2010. "Merging of Opinions with Increasing Information," Levine's Working Paper Archive 565, David K. Levine.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yusuke Kamishiro & Roberto Serrano, 2011.
"Equilibrium Blocking in Large Quasilinear Economies,"
Mathematics of Operations Research,
INFORMS, vol. 36(3), pages 552-567, August.
- Yusuke Kamishiro & Roberto Serrano, 2009. "Equilibrium Blocking in Large Quasilinear Economies," Working Papers wp2009_0911, CEMFI.
- Yusuke Kamishiro & Roberto Serrano, 2009. "Equilibrium blocking in large quasilinear economies," Working Papers 2009-12, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Yusuke Kamishiro & Roberto Serrano, 2009. "Equilibrium Blocking in Large Quasilinear Economies," Working Papers 2009-12, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Bochet, Olivier, 2007.
"Switching from complete to incomplete information,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 735-748, August.
- Bochet Olivier, 2005. "Switching from Complete to Incomplete Information," Research Memorandum 035, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- BOCHET, Olivier, 2005. "Switching from complete to incomplete information," CORE Discussion Papers 2005063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 1995.
"A welfare comparison of intermediaries and financial markets in Germany and the US,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 179-209, February.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1994. "A welfare comparison of intermediaries and financial markets in Germany and the U.S," Working Papers 95-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Eric S. Maskin, 2008. "Mechanism Design: How to Implement Social Goals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 567-576, June.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:02e40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krebs, Tom, 2005. "Fundamentals, information, and international capital flows: A welfare analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 579-598, April.
- Krebs, Tom, 2007. "Rational expectations equilibrium and the strategic choice of costly information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 532-548, June.
- Krebs, Tom, 2001. "Endogenous probabilities and the information revealed by prices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-18, September.
- repec:eee:macchp:v2-1065 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Vives, 2017.
"Endogenous Public Information and Welfare in Market Games,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 935-963.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Endogenous Public Information and Welfare in Market Games," CESifo Working Paper Series 3492, CESifo Group Munich.
- Xavier Vives, 2016. "Endogenous Public Information and Welfare in Market Games," 2016 Meeting Papers 413, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Georges Dionne, 2012. "The Empirical Measure of Information Problems with Emphasis on Insurance Fraud and Dynamic Data," Cahiers de recherche 1233, CIRPEE.
- Lee Young Whan, 1999. "Aggregate Risk and Social Value of Information in A Production Economy," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 81-100.
- Alessandro Citanna & Archishman Chakraborty, 1999.
"Moral Hazard, Aggregate Risk and Nominal, Linear Financial Contracts,"
- Alessandro, CITANNA & Archishman, CHAKRABORTY, 1999. "Moral Hazard, Aggregate Risk and Nominal Linear Financial Contracts," Les Cahiers de Recherche 683, HEC Paris.
- Eric Maskin, 2004. "Jean-Jacques Laffont: A Look Back," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 913-923, September.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Chen Lian, 2016. "Incomplete Information in Macroeconomics: Accommodating Frictions in Coordination," NBER Working Papers 22297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Alessandro Pavan, 2005. "Efficiency and Welfare with Complementarities and Asymmetric Information," NBER Working Papers 11826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard Belloc, 1986. "Quelques aspects normatifs du problème d'Akerlof. Un exemple," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 37(5), pages 783-804.
- Lluís Bru & Xavier Vives, 2002.
"Informational Externalities, Herding, and Incentives,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(1), pages 1-91, March.
- Bru, Lluís & Vives, Xavier, 2001. "Informational Externalities, Herding and Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 3080, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Vives, 2000.
"Allocative and Productive Efficiency in REE with Asymetric Information,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
473.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Messner, Simon & Vives, Xavier, 2001. "Allocative and Productive Efficiency in REE with Asymmetric Information," CEPR Discussion Papers 2678, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xiaojuan Hu & Cheng-Zhong Qin, 2013. "Information acquisition and welfare effect in a model of competitive financial markets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 54(1), pages 199-210, September.
- Emanuela Sciubba, 2005.
"Asymmetric information and survival in financial markets,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(2), pages 353-379, February.
- Sciubba, E., 1999. "Asymmetric Information and Survival in Financial Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9908, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jong, Eelke de & Semenov, Radislav, 2002. "Cross-country differences in stock market development : a cultural view," Research Report 02E40, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Chade, Hector & Schlee, Edward, 2002. "Another Look at the Radner-Stiglitz Nonconcavity in the Value of Information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 421-452, December.
- Beth Allen & James S. Jordan, 1998. "The existence of rational expectations equilibrium: a retrospective," Staff Report 252, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:53:y:1985:i:1:p:1-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.