The Nash Social Welfare Function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- Robert Wilson, 1977. "A Bidding Model of Perfect Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 511-518.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaneko, Mamoru, 1982.
"The optimal progressive income tax : The existence and the limit tax rates,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 193-221, September.
- Mamoru Kaneko, 1981. "The Optimal Progressive Income Tax -- The Existence and the Limit Tax Rates," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 599, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hanany, Eran, 2008. "The ordinal Nash social welfare function," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(5-6), pages 405-422, April.
- Thomas Saaty & Luis Vargas, 2012. "The possibility of group choice: pairwise comparisons and merging functions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 38(3), pages 481-496, March.
- Barkaoui, Ahmed & Dragicevic, Arnaud Z., 2016.
"Nash bargaining and renegotiation with social preferences: case of the roundwood log supply contracts in the French timber market,"
Forest Policy and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 90-100.
- Ahmed Barkaoui & Arnaud Z. Dragicevic, 2016. "Nash bargaining and renegotiation with social preferences: case of the roundwood log supply contracts in the French timber market," Post-Print hal-01352691, HAL.
- Junichiro Wada, 2016. "Apportionment Behind the Veil of Uncertainty," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 348-360, September.
- Marlies Klemisch-Ahlert, 1991. "Independence of the status quo? A weak and a strong impossibility result for social decisions by bargaining," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 83-93, February.
- Collins, Anne D. & Lim, Jamus Jerome, 2010. "Recognition, redistribution, and liberty," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 240-252, June.
- Vipul Bhatt & Masao Ogaki & Yuichi Yaguchi, 2015.
"Normative Behavioural Economics Based on Unconditional Love and Moral Virtue,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 226-246, June.
- Vipul Bhatt & Masao Ogaki & Yuichi Yaguchi, 2014. "Normative Behavioral Economics Based on Unconditional Love and Moral Virtue," IMES Discussion Paper Series 14-E-17, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Sorger, Gerhard, 2006. "Recursive Nash bargaining over a productive asset," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2637-2659, December.
- Naumova, Natalia & Yanovskaya, Elena, 2001. "Nash social welfare orderings," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 203-231, November.
- M. Kaneko, 1984. "On interpersonal utility comparisons," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 1(3), pages 165-175, October.
- Hannu Salonen, 2014. "Aggregating and Updating Information," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 8(2), pages 55-67, October.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2013.
"Estimating the Social Marginal Cost of Public Funds,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 41(3), pages 360-385, May.
- HAYASHI Masayoshi & BESSHO Shun-ichiro, 2004. "Social marginal cost of public funds: A microdata estimation for the Japaneseprogressive income tax system (in Japanese)," ESRI Discussion paper series 113, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2011. "Estimating the Social Marginal Cost of Public Funds: A Micro-data Approach," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-817, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2005. "The Social Cost of Public Funds : The Case of Japanese Progressive Income Taxation," Finance Working Papers 22031, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2012. "Social preferences for the evaluation of procedures," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 39(2), pages 599-614, July.
- Eran Hanany, 2001. "Ordinal Nash Social Welfare Function," Discussion Papers 1325, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Susumu Cato, 2009. "Characterizing the Nash social welfare relation for infinite utility streams: a note," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2372-2379.
- Du, Shaofu & Zhu, Lili & Liang, Liang & Ma, Fang, 2013. "Emission-dependent supply chain and environment-policy-making in the ‘cap-and-trade’ system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 61-67.
- Hans Peters & Dries Vermeulen, 2012. "WPO, COV and IIA bargaining solutions for non-convex bargaining problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 41(4), pages 851-884, November.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & MANIQUET, François, 1998. "Optimal income taxation: and ordinal approach," CORE Discussion Papers 1998065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Meaningful environmental indices: a social choice approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 270-283, March.
- James Yunker, 1985. "A broad utilitarian theory of value and moral value," Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 15(1), pages 29-59, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:47:y:1979:i:2:p:423-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .