Recent Developments in the Theory of Rules versus Discretion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans- Loef, 1989. "The case for rules in the conduct of monetary policy: A critique on a paper by B.T. McCallum," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 125(1), pages 168-178, March.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1987. "The case for rules in the conduct of monetary policy: a concrete example," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sep, pages 10-18.
- Reinhard Neck, 1986. "Kann Stabilisierungspolitik unter Unsicherheit und Risiko "optimal" sein?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(III), pages 509-534, September.
- John P. Judd & Brian Motley, 1992. "Controlling inflation with an interest rate instrument," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-22.
- Patrick Artus, 1987. "Fixation de l'objectif monétaire et réputation de la Banque Centrale," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 38(4), pages 807-836.
- Koenig, Evan F., 1996. "Targeting nominal income: A closer look," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 89-93, April.
- Siebert, Horst, 2007. "How global rules are established and stabilized," Kiel Working Papers 1388, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1988.
"Monopolistic competition, credibility and the output costs of disinflation programs An analysis of price controls,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 375-398, November.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition, Credibility and the Output Costs of Disinflation Programs: An Analysis of Price Controls," NBER Working Papers 2302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aurélien Goutsmedt, 2016. "The New Classical Explanation of the Stagflation: A Psychological Way of Thinking," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16018, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01281962 is not listed on IDEAS
- Javier Andrés, 1987. "Salarios y política de estabilización en una economía de duopolio sindical," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales 87-02, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Hanssen, F. Andrew, 2010. "Repeated adjustment of delegated powers and the history of eminent domain," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 99-112, June.
- James Peery Cover & C. James Hueng & Ruey Yau, 2002. "Are Policy Rules Better Than The Discretionary System In Taiwan?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(1), pages 60-71, January.
- Robert Rennhack, 1991. "La Conducción de la Política Monetaria," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 28(83), pages 11-20.
- M. June Flanders, 1993. "A Model of Discretion: The Gold Standard in Fact and in Fiction," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 213-235, March.
- John P. Judd & Brian Motley, 1993. "Using a nominal GDP rule to guide discretionary monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-11.
- Brayton, Flint & Tinsley, P. A., 1996. "Effective interest rate policies for price stability," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 289-314, April.
- Weber, A.A., 1988. "The credibility of monetary policies, policymakers' reputation and the EMS-hypothesis : Empirical evidence from 13 countries," Discussion Paper 1988-3, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Peter Docherty, 2012. "Keynes’s General Theory, the Quantity Theory of Money and Monetary Policy," Chapters,in: Keynes’s General Theory, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Emmanuel Carré, 2014. "The origins of inflation targeting regime: the science of central banking or the art of central bankers?," Cahiers d’économie politique / Papers in Political Economy, L'Harmattan, issue 66, pages 127-172.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993.
"Unit roots in macroeconomic time series: some critical issues,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 13-44.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993. "Unit Roots in Macroeconomic Time Series: Some Critical Issues," NBER Working Papers 4368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Domenico D’Amico, 2007. "Buchanan on monetary constitutions," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 301-318, December.
- Aurélien Goutsmedt, 2016. "The New Classical Explanation of the Stagflation: A Psychological Way of Thinking," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01281962, HAL.
- Goodhart, Charles, 1989. "The Conduct of Monetary Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 293-346, June.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Nouriel Roubini & Jeffrey Sachs, 1987. "Dynamic Optimization in Two-Party Models," NBER Working Papers 2213, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:96:y:1986:i:380a:p:23-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.