The Monopolistic Advantages of Multinationals: Lessons from Foreign Investment in the U.S
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilson, Charles A, 1979. "Anticipated Shocks and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(3), pages 639-647, June.
- Willem H. Buiter & Marcus Miller, 1991.
"Real Exchange Rate Overshooting and the Output Cost of Bringing Down Inflation,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 239-277
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Miller, Marcus, 1982. "Real exchange rate overshooting and the output cost of bringing down inflation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 85-123.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Miller, Marcus, 1982. "Real exchange rate overshooting and the output cost of bringing down inflation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 85-123.
- Willem H. Buiter & Marcus H. Miller, 1981. "Real Exchange Rate Overshooting and the Output Cost of Bringing Down Inflation," NBER Working Papers 0749, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H & Miller, Marcus, 1981. "Real Exchange Rate Overshooting and the Output Cost of Bringing Down Inflation," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 204, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Aliber, Robert Z, 1973. "The Interest Rate Parity Theorem: A Reinterpretation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1451-1459, Nov.-Dec..
- Frenkel, Jacob A & Levich, Richard M, 1975. "Covered Interest Arbitrage: Unexploited Profits?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 325-338, April.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Exchange Rates and the Current Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 960-971, December.
- Richard Harris & Douglas D. Purvis, 1979. "Equilibrium Theories of the Forward Exchange Rate," Working Papers 354, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Driskill, Robert, 1980. "Exchange Rate Dynamics, Portfolio Balance, and Relative Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 776-783, September.
- Turnovsky,Stephen J., 1977. "Macroeconomic Analysis and Stabilization Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521291873, March.
- James Tobin & Willem H. Buiter, 1974. "Long Run Effects of Fiscal and Monetary Policy on Aggregate Demand," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 384, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1981. "The asset market approach to exchange rate determination: Some short-run, stability, and steady-state properties," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-32.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Okada, Aya & Siddharthan, N.S., 2007. "Industrial Clusters in India: Evidence from Automobile Clusters in Chennai and the National Capital Region," IDE Discussion Papers 103, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- B. L. Pandit & N. S. Siddharthan, 2003. "MNEs and market valuation of firms: a cross-sectional study of Indian electrical and electronic goods manufacturing firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 675-681.
- Wendt, Minh & Pederson, Glenn D., 2006. "Foreign Direct Investment in the Food Manufacturing Industry," Working Papers 14319, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- George Anastassopoulos, 2003. "MNE subsidiaries versus domestic enterprises: an analysis of their ownership and location-specific advantages," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(13), pages 1505-1514.
- Claudia Stirboeck, 2003. "Comparing Sectoral Investment and Employment Specialisation of EU Regions: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa03p259, European Regional Science Association.
- B.L. Pandit & N.S. Siddharthan, 2007. "Inter-firm differences in FII portfolio investment in India," Working Papers id:1243, eSocialSciences.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2000. "Explaining the geography and depth of international production: The case of US and Japanese multinational enterprises," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(3), pages 442-477, September.
- Mishra, Bikash Ranjan, 2011. "Inward FDI and firm-specific advantages of Indian manufacturing industries," MPRA Paper 35119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agarwal, Jamuna Prasad & Gubitz, Andrea & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1991. "Foreign direct investment in developing countries: the case of Germany," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 423, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- M. Giulietti & S. Mccorriston & P. Osborne, 2004. "Foreign direct investment in the UK: evidence from a disaggregated panel of the UK food sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(7), pages 653-663.
- Lo, Fang-Yi, 2015. "Transaction cost determinants and advantage transferability's effect on international ownership strategy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2312-2316.
- Chan, Ricky Yee-kwong & Wong, Y. H., 1999. "Bank generic strategies: does Porter's theory apply in an international banking center," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(5-6), pages 561-590, October.
- G. Anastassopoulos & W. B. Traill, 1998. "Determinants of foreign entry strategies in Greek food industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 267-279.
- Lo, Fang-Yi, 2016. "Intra-MNE advantage transfer and subsidiary innovativeness: The moderating effect of international diversification," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1712-1717.
- Stirböck, Claudia, 2002. "What Determines Relative Sectoral Investment Patterns in EU Regions?," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-55, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Madhok, Anoop, 1996. "Know-how-, experience- and competition-related considerations in foreign market entry: An exploratory investigation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 339-366, August.
- repec:spr:manint:v:46:y:2006:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0051-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Stirböck, Claudia, 2004. "Comparing Investment and Employment Specialisation Patterns of EU Regions," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-43, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:92:y:1982:i:367:p:668-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.