Are Grains of Sand in the Wheels of International Finance Sufficient to Do the Job When Boulders Are Often Required?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Korkut Erturk, "undated". "A Note on the Tobin Tax," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2003_05, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Ramkishen Rajan, 2010. "Sand in the Wheels of International Finance: Revisiting the Debate in Light of the East Asian Mayhem," Working Papers id:2686, eSocialSciences.
- Alonso, Miguel A. & Rallo, Juan Ramón & Romero, Alberto, 2013. "El efecto de los impuestos a las transacciones financieras en la estabilidad de los mercados de capital. Un debate sin resolver," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(317), pages 207-231, enero-mar.
- C. Dow, 1998. "The importance of banks, the quality of credit and the international financial order: reflections on the present crisis in South East Asia," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 51(207), pages 371-386.
- C. Dow, 1998. "The importance of banks, the quality of credit and the international financial order: reflections on the present crisis in South East Asia," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 51(207), pages 371-386.
- Anna M.Variato, 2003. "The Keynesian Root of the Tobin tax," Working Papers (-2012) 0305, University of Bergamo, Department of Economics.
- Hakun Kim, 2004. "The Mathematical Decomposition of the Transactions Velocity of Money," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 550, Econometric Society.
- Miklós Antal & Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh, 2014.
"Macroeconomics, Financial Crisis and the Environment. Strategies for a Sustainability Transition,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Miklós Antal & Jeroen van den Bergh, 2014. "Macroeconomics, Financial Crisis and the Environment: Strategies for a Sustainability Transition," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 10, WWWforEurope.
- Andrea Terzi, 2003.
"Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 56(227), pages 367-385.
- Andrea Terzi, 2003. "Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 56(227), pages 367-385.
- Andrea Terzi, 2003. "Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?," Working Papers (-2012) 0303, University of Bergamo, Department of Economics.
- Andrea Terzi, 2004. "Is a transactions tax an effective means to stabilize the foreign exchange market?," International Finance 0403007, EconWPA.
- Damette, Olivier, 2016.
"Mixture Distribution Hypothesis And The Impact Of A Tobin Tax On Exchange Rate Volatility: A Reassessment,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(06), pages 1600-1622, September.
- Olivier Damette, 2013. "Mixture distribution hypothesis and the impact of a Tobin tax on exhange rate volatility : a reassessment," Working Papers of BETA 2013-07, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Olivier Damette, 2009. "Exchange rate volatility and noise traders: Currency Transaction Tax as an eviction device," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2449-2464.
- Robert Pollin & Dean Baker & Marc Schaberg, 2003.
"Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 527-558, Fall.
- Marc Schaberg & Dean Baker & Robert Pollin, 2002. "Securities Transaction Taxes for U.S. Financial Markets," Working Papers wp20, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Raviol, Edoardo, 2007. "Stabilizing the International Financial System and Financing Development: An Analysis of the Tobin Tax," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 90, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Jochen Hartwig, 1999. "Zum Wesen der Finanzmärkte und der Notwendigkeit von Kapitalverkehrsbeschränkungen," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 25(3), pages 265-283.
- G. Bird & R. Rajan, 2001. "Would International Currency Taxation and Currency Stabilisation in Developing Countries?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 21-38.
- Brian Bentick & Mervyn Lewis, 2003. "Real Estate Speculation as a Source of Banking and Currency Instability: Lessons from the Asian Crisis," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2003-18, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Robert Prasch, 2001. "The Economic Contributions of Robert A. Mundell," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 41-58.
- Michelle Baddeley, 2014. "Rethinking the micro-foundations of macroeconomics: insights from behavioural economics," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 99-112, April.
- Olivier Damette & Beum-Jo Park, 2015. "Tobin Tax and Volatility: A Threshold Quantile Autoregressive Regression Framework," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(5), pages 996-1022, November.
- Seliger Bernhard, 2001. "Die Krise der sozialen Sicherung und die Globalisierung – Politische Mythen und ordnungspolitische Wirklichkeit," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 52(1), pages 215-238, January.
- Alho, Kari, 2000. "Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policies in a Recession : Is There a Way out of the Trap in an Open EconomyN. (Revised September 2002)," Discussion Papers 735, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Xu, Juanyi, 2010. "Noise traders, exchange rate disconnect puzzle, and the Tobin tax," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 336-357, March.
- Davidson, Paul, 2000. "Is a Plumber or a New Financial Architect Needed to End Global International Liquidity Problems?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1117-1131, June.
- Nissanke, Machiko, 2003. "Revenue Potential of the Currency Transaction Tax for Development Finance: A Critical Appraisal," WIDER Working Paper Series 081, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:107:y:1997:i:442:p:671-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.