Do Skill Shortages Reduce Productivity? Theory and Evidence from the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Fabling & David C. Maré, 2016.
"Firm-Level Hiring Difficulties: Persistence, Business Cycle And Local Labour Market Influences,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 179-210, June.
- Richard Fabling & Maré, David C, 2013. "Firm-level Hiring Difficulties: Persistence, Business Cycle and Local Labour Market Influences," Working Papers 13_06, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Fabling, Richard & Maré, Dave C., 2013. "Firm-Level Hiring Difficulties: Persistence, Business Cycle and Local Labour Market Influences," IZA Discussion Papers 7534, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eichhorst, Werner & Colussi, Tommaso & Guzi, Martin & Kahanec, Martin & Lichter, Andreas & Nikolova, Milena & Sommer, Eric, 2017. "Report No. 74: People to Jobs, Jobs to People: Global Mobility and Labor Migration," IZA Research Reports 74, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mok, Penny & Mason, Geoff & Stevens, Philip & Timmins, Jason, 2012. "A Good Worker is Hard to Find: Skills Shortages in New Zealand Firms," Occasional Papers 12/5, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Schiersch, Alexander, 2016. "Considering the (Un)observed: temporary agency work in productivity estimations," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145749, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- John Schmitt, 1993. "The Changing Structure of Male Earnings in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0122, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Sharma, Kishor & Oczkowski, Edward & Hicks, John, 2016. "Skill shortages in regional Australia: A local perspective from the Riverina," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 34-44.
- Jajri, Idris & Ismail, Rahmah, 2007. "Source of output growth in small and medium scale enterprises in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 2779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patricia Jones, 1994. "Are manufacturing workers really worth their pay?," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1994-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Alexander Schiersch, 2015. "TFP, Labor Productivity and the (Un)observed Labor Input: Temporary Agency Work," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1532, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jajri, Idris & Ismail, Rahmah, 2006. "Technical efficiency, technological change and total factor productivity growth in Malaysian manufacturing sector," MPRA Paper 1956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muñoz-Bullón, Fernando, 2003. "Training provision and regulation: an analysis of the temporary help industry," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb035412, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Pablo Burriel-Llombart & Jonathan Thomas, 2001. "Skill imbalances in the UK labour market: 1979-99," Bank of England working papers 145, Bank of England.
- Bienvenido Ortega & Andrés Marchante, 2010. "Temporary contracts and labour productivity in Spain: a sectoral analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 199-212, December.
- Ricardo de Avillez, 2014. "An Analysis of Productivity Trends in the Canadian Forest Products Sector, 2000-2012," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 27, pages 79-100, Fall.
- Healy, Joshua & Mavromaras, Kostas G. & Sloane, Peter J., 2011. "Adjusting to Skill Shortages: Complexity and Consequences," IZA Discussion Papers 6097, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:103:y:1993:i:417:p:386-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.