Michael Szenberg and Lall B. Ramrattan, eds., Eminent Economists II: Their Life and Work Philosophies (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2014), pp. 486, $37.95. ISBN 978-1-107-65636-9
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schiffman, Daniel A., 2003. "Shattered Rails, Ruined Credit: Financial Fragility and Railroad Operations in the Great Depression," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 63(03), pages 802-825, September.
- Thomas C. Leonard, 2009. "American Economic Reform in the Progressive Era: Its Foundational Beliefs and Their Relation to Eugenics," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 109-141, Spring.
- Butkiewicz James L., 1995. "The Impact of a Lender of Last Resort during the Great Depression: The Case of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 197-216, April.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Mason, Joseph R. & Weidenmier, Marc & Bobroff, Katherine, 2013.
"The effects of reconstruction finance corporation assistance on Michigan's banks' survival in the 1930s,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 526-547.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason & Marc Weidenmier & Katherine Bobroff, 2012. "The Effects of Reconstruction Finance Corporation Assistance on Michigan's Banks' Survival in the 1930s," NBER Chapters,in: The Microeconomics of New Deal Policy National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason & Marc Weidenmier & Katherine Bobroff, 2012. "The Effects of Reconstruction Finance Corporation Assistance on Michigan's Banks' Survival in the 1930s," NBER Working Papers 18427, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlson, Benny, 1999. "Wagner's Legacy in America: Re-Opening Farnam's Inquiry," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 289-310, September.
- Butkiewicz, James L. & Solcan, Mihaela, 2016.
"The original Operation Twist: the War Finance Corporation's war bond purchases, 1918–1920,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 21-46, April.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Mihaela Solcan, 2012. "The Original Operation Twist: The War Finance Corporation's War Bond Purchase, 1918-1920," Working Papers 12-13, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Garbade, Kenneth D., 2012. "Birth of a Market: The U.S. Treasury Securities Market from the Great War to the Great Depression," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262016370, January.
- James L. Butkiewicz, 2005. "Governor Eugene Meyer and the Great Contraction," Working Papers 05-01, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Joseph Mason, 2001. "Do Lender of Last Resort Policies Matter? The Effects of Reconstruction Finance Corporation Assistance to Banks During the Great Depression," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 77-95, September.
- Raymond J. Saulnier & Harold G. Halcrow & Neil H. Jacoby, 1958. "Federal Lending and Loan Insurance Programs for Housing," NBER Chapters,in: Federal Lending and Loan Insurance, pages 286-362 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James L. Butkiewicz, 1999. "The Reconstruction Finance Corporation, the Gold Standard, and the Banking Panic of 1933," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 271-293, October.
- Raymond J. Saulnier & Harold G. Halcrow & Neil H. Jacoby, 1958. "Federal Lending and Loan Insurance," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number saul58-1, January.
- Mason, Joseph R., 2003. "The political economy of Reconstruction Finance Corporation assistance during the Great Depression," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 101-121, April.
- Robert C. Bannister, Jr., 1973. "William Graham Sumner's Social Darwinism: A Reconsideration," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 89-109, Spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jhisec:v:38:y:2016:i:01:p:119-121_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_HET .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.