Does Prior Performance Affect a Mutual Fund’s Choice of Risk? Theory and Further Empirical Evidence
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuel Ammann & Philipp Horsch & David Oesch, 2016. "Competing with Superstars," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(10), pages 2842-2858, October.
- Diane Del Guercio & Paula A. Tkac, 2000. "The determinants of the flow of funds of managed portfolios: mutual funds versus pension funds," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2000-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Castañeda, Pablo & Devoto, Benjamín, 2016. "On the structural estimation of an optimal portfolio rule," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 290-300.
- Burak Pirgaip & Aslıhan Taşdemir, 2017. "Derivative Use of Turkish Investment Funds During the 2008-09 Financial Crisis," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 7(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Igan, Deniz & Pinheiro, Marcelo, 2012. "The effects of relative performance objectives on financial markets," MPRA Paper 43452, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Renneboog, Luc & Ter Horst, Jenke & Zhang, Chendi, 2011. "Is ethical money financially smart? Nonfinancial attributes and money flows of socially responsible investment funds," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 562-588, October.
- repec:wsi:qjfxxx:v:07:y:2017:i:02:n:s2010139217500045 is not listed on IDEAS
- Basak, Suleyman & Makarov, Dmitry, 2012.
"Difference in interim performance and risk taking with short-sale constraints,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 377-392.
- Basak, Suleyman & Makarov, Dmitry, 2010. "Difference in Interim Performance and Risk Taking with Short-Sale Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 8072, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Suleyman Basak & Dmitry Makarov, 2010. "Difference in Interim Performance and Risk Taking with Short-sale Constraints," Working Papers w0159, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Ping Hu & Jayant Kale & Ajay Subramanian, 2003. "Compensation, Career Concerns, and Relative Risk Choices by Mutual Fund Managers: Theory and Evidence," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000349, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin & Zheng, Huanhuan, 2016. "Measuring Systemic Risk Contribution of International Mutual Funds," ADBI Working Papers 594, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Ha, Yeonjeong & Ko, Kwangsoo, 2017. "Why do fund managers increase risk?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 108-116.
- Luis Opazo & Claudio Raddatz & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2015.
"Institutional Investors and Long-Term Investment: Evidence from Chile,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(3), pages 479-522.
- Opazo, Luis & Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2014. "Institutional investors and long-term investment : evidence from Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6922, The World Bank.
- Livio Stracca, 2006.
"Delegated Portfolio Management: A Survey Of The Theoretical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 823-848, December.
- Stracca, Livio, 2005. "Delegated portfolio management: a survey of the theoretical literature," Working Paper Series 520, European Central Bank.
- Chia-Ying Chan & Christine W. Lai & Liang-Chung Lee, 2017. "Strategic Choice of Risk: Evidence from Mutual Fund Families," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 125-163, February.
- Jennifer Huang & Clemens Sialm & Hanjiang Zhang, 2011. "Risk Shifting and Mutual Fund Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(8), pages 2575-2616.
- Sheng, Jiliang & Wang, Jian & Wang, Xiaoting & Yang, Jun, 2014. "Asymmetric contracts, cash flows and risk taking of mutual funds," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 435-442.
- Cullen, Grant & Gasbarro, Dominic & Monroe, Gary S. & Zumwalt, J. Kenton, 2012. "Changes to mutual fund risk: Intentional or mean reverting?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 112-120.
- Fang, Dawei & Holmén, Martin & Kleinlercher, Daniel & Kirchler, Michael, 2017. "How tournament incentives affect asset markets: A comparison between winner-take-all tournaments and elimination contests," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 1-27.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:89:y:2018:i:c:p:105-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Loyola, Gino & Portilla, Yolanda, 2014. "Reward for failure and executive compensation in institutional investors," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 349-361.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:44:y:2009:i:04:p:745-775_99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.