The Role of the Media in the Internet IPO Bubble
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riccardo Ferretti & Francesco Pattarin, 2008. "Is public information really public? The role of newspapers," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 08013, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr & Yekini, Liafisu Sina, 2014. "Predicting Stock Market Returns Based on the Content of Annual Report Narrative: A New Anomaly," MPRA Paper 58107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2015.
"Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices,"
Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE
2015-11, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Allen, D.E. & McAleer, M.J. & Singh, A.K., 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2015-23, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- David E. Allen & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2015. "Daily Market News Sentiment and Stock Prices," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-090/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Campbell, Gareth & Turner, John D. & Walker, Clive B., 2012. "The role of the media in a bubble," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 461-481.
- Aman, Hiroyuki, 2013. "An analysis of the impact of media coverage on stock price crashes and jumps: Evidence from Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 22-38.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2016.
"The oil price crash in 2014/15: Was there a (negative) financial bubble?,"
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 383-396.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2016. "The Oil Price Crash in 2014/15: Was There a (Negative) Financial Bubble?," MPRA Paper 72094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vivek Singh, 2013. "Did institutions herd during the internet bubble?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 513-534, October.
- Milo Bianchi & Philippe Jehiel, 2008.
"Bubbles and crashes with partially sophisticated investors,"
PSE Working Papers
- Milo Bianchi & Philippe Jehiel, 2010. "Bubbles and Crashes with Partially Sophisticated Investors," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002180, David K. Levine.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2014. "How they made news pay: news traders’ quest for crisis-resistant business models," Economic History Working Papers 59304, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Hanna, Alan J. & Turner, John D. & Walker, Clive B., 2017. "News media and investor sentiment over the long run," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2017-06, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:1-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carey, Peter & Fang, Victor & Zhang, Hong Feng, 2016. "The role of optimistic news stories in IPO pricing," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 16-29.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5361 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:corfin:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:139-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guldiken, Orhun & Tupper, Christina & Nair, Anil & Yu, Huizhi, 2017. "The impact of media coverage on IPO stock performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 24-32.
- Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr & Lambe, Brendan, 2013. "The role of media in the credit crunch: The case of the banking sector," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 163-175.
- Chance, Don & Cicon, James & Ferris, Stephen P., 2015. "Poor performance and the value of corporate honesty," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-18.
- Chahine, Salim & Mansi, Sattar & Mazboudi, Mohamad, 2015. "Media news and earnings management prior to equity offerings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 177-195.
- Aleksandar Bradic, 2012. "The Role of Social Feedback in Financing of Technology Ventures," Papers 1301.2196, arXiv.org.
- Turner, John D. & Ye, Qing & Walker, Clive B., 2016. "Media coverage and stock returns on the London Stock Exchange, 1825-70," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2016-02, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2014. "Soft power: the media industries in Britain since 1870," Economic History Working Papers 56333, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Ming Jia & Li Tong & P. V. Viswanath & Zhe Zhang, 2016. "Word Power: The Impact of Negative Media Coverage on Disciplining Corporate Pollution," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 437-458, October.
- Jeon, Jin Q. & Lee, Cheolwoo & Nasser, Tareque & Via, M. Tony, 2015. "Multiple lead underwriter IPOs and firm visibility," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 128-149.
- Harrison Hong & Jeremy C. Stein, 2007. "Disagreement and the Stock Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 109-128, Spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:44:y:2009:i:03:p:657-682_99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.