Managers’ and Investors’ Responses to Media Exposure of Board Ineffectiveness
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cannizzaro, Anthony P. & Weiner, Robert J., 2015. "Multinational investment and voluntary disclosure: Project-level evidence from the petroleum industry," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 32-47.
- Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J., 2013. "The role of the media in corporate governance: Do the media influence managers' capital allocation decisions?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-17.
- Baolei Qi & Rong Yang & Gaoliang Tian, 2014. "Can media deter management from manipulating earnings? Evidence from China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 571-597, April.
- Cheng, Yingmei & Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J. & Rosenblum, Aaron, 2017. "When is good news bad and vice versa? The Fortune rankings of America's most admired companies," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 378-396.
- Wang, Hongxia & Davidson III, Wallace N. & Wang, Xiaoxin, 2010. "The Sarbanes-Oxley Act and CEO tenure, turnover, and risk aversion," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 367-376, August.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0352-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Fischer, Paul E. & Gramlich, Jeffrey D. & Miller, Brian P. & White, Hal D., 2009. "Investor perceptions of board performance: Evidence from uncontested director elections," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2-3), pages 172-189, December.
- Camelia M. Kuhnen & Alexandra Niessen, 2012. "Public Opinion and Executive Compensation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(7), pages 1249-1272, July.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:1-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernile, Gennaro & Sulaeman, Johan & Wang, Qin, 2015. "Institutional trading during a wave of corporate scandals: “Perfect Payday”?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 191-209.
- Chen, Chia-Wei & Yi, Bingsheng & Lin, J. Barry, 2013. "Media coverage, board structure and CEO compensation: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 434-445.
- Jia, Ming & Ruan, Hongfei & Zhang, Zhe, 2017. "How rumors fly," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 33-45.
- Miriam Koning & Gerard Mertens & Peter Roosenboom, 2010. "The Impact of Media Attention on the Use of Alternative Earnings Measures," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(3), pages 258-288.
- Liu, Baixiao & McConnell, John J. & Xu, Wei, 2017. "The power of the pen reconsidered: The media, CEO human capital, and corporate governance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 175-188.
- Xingqiang Du, 2015. "How the Market Values Greenwashing? Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 547-574, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:44:y:2009:i:03:p:579-605_99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .