Understanding the Penalties Associated with Corporate Misconduct: An Empirical Examination of Earnings and Risk
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnson, William C. & Xie, Wenjuan & Yi, Sangho, 2014. "Corporate fraud and the value of reputations in the product market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 16-39.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:127:y:2018:i:2:p:389-415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eckert, Christian & Gatzert, Nadine, 2017. "Modeling operational risk incorporating reputation risk: An integrated analysis for financial firms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 122-137.
- Nadine Gatzert & Joan T. Schmit & Andreas Kolb, 2016. "Assessing the Risks of Insuring Reputation Risk," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(3), pages 641-679, September.
- Autore, Don M. & Hutton, Irena & Peterson, David R. & Smith, Aimee Hoffmann, 2014. "The effect of securities litigation on external financing," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 231-250.
- Gazley, Aaron & Sinha, Ashish & Rod, Michel, 2016. "Toward a theory of marketing law transgressions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 476-483.
- Curtis Nicholls, 2016. "The impact of SEC investigations and accounting and auditing enforcement releases on firms’ cost of equity capital," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 57-82, July.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9373-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malay Biswas, 2017. "Are They Efficient in the Middle? Using Propensity Score Estimation for Modeling Middlemen in Indian Corporate Corruption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(3), pages 563-586, March.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9382-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aharony, Joseph & Liu, Chelsea & Yawson, Alfred, 2015. "Corporate litigation and executive turnover," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 268-292.
- Biggerstaff, Lee & Cicero, David C. & Puckett, Andy, 2015. "Suspect CEOs, unethical culture, and corporate misbehavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 98-121.
- James Malm & Marcin Krolikowski, 2017. "Litigation risk and financial leverage," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(1), pages 180-194, January.
- Armour, John & Mayer, Colin & Polo, Andrea, 2010. "Regulatory Sanctions and Reputational Damage in Financial Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 8058, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:57-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- Firth, Michael & Rui, Oliver M. & Wu, Wenfeng, 2011. "Cooking the books: Recipes and costs of falsified financial statements in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 371-390, April.
- Mohamad Zeidan, 2013. "Effects of Illegal Behavior on the Financial Performance of US Banking Institutions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 313-324, January.
- Ma, Liangbo & Ma, Shiguang & Tian, Gary, 2016. "Family control, accounting misstatements, and market reactions to restatements: Evidence from China," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 1-27.
- Sturm, Philipp, 2013. "Operational and reputational risk in the European banking industry: The market reaction to operational risk events," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 191-206.
- Dimmock, Stephen G. & Gerken, William C., 2012. "Predicting fraud by investment managers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 153-173.
- Carpentier, Cécile & Suret, Jean-Marc, 2015. "Stock market and deterrence effect: A mid-run analysis of major environmental and non-environmental accidents," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 1-18.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:44:y:2009:i:01:p:55-83_09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.