Are Analyst Recommendations Biased? Evidence from Corporate Bankruptcies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Stafford, Erik, 2000.
"Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(3), pages 287-329, July.
- Mark L. Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 1997. "Managerial Decisions and Long-Term Stock Price Performance," CRSP working papers 453, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Daniel, Kent & Titman, Sheridan, 1997.
" Evidence on the Characteristics of Cross Sectional Variation in Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Kent Daniel & Sheridan Titman, 1996. "Evidence on the Characteristics of Cross Sectional Variation in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 5604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Irvine, Paul J., 2003. "The incremental impact of analyst initiation of coverage," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 431-451, September.
- Michaely, Roni & Womack, Kent L, 1999. "Conflict of Interest and the Credibility of Underwriter Analyst Recommendations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 653-686.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "Investment analysis and price formation in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 361-381, July.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Rodney D. Boehme & Sorin M. Sorescu, 2002. "The Long-run Performance Following Dividend Initiations and Resumptions: Underreaction or Product of Chance?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 871-900, April.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2003. "Analyzing the Analysts: Career Concerns and Biased Earnings Forecasts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 313-351, February.
- Dimson, Elroy & Marsh, Paul R, 1984. " An Analysis of Brokers' and Analysts' Unpublished Forecasts of UK Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1257-1292, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu, Susana & Lord, Richard A. & Webb, Gwendolyn, 2010. "The hot-growth companies: How well do analysts predict their performance?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 195-219.
- Marco Aiolfi & Marius Rodriguez & Allan Timmermann, 2010.
"Understanding Analysts' Earnings Expectations: Biases, Nonlinearities, and Predictability,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 8(3), pages 305-334, Summer.
- Aiolfi, Marco & Rodriguez, Marius & Timmermann, Allan G, 2010. "Understanding Analysts' Earnings Expectations: Biases, Nonlinearities and Predictability," CEPR Discussion Papers 7656, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jordan, Bradford D. & Liu, Mark H. & Wu, Qun, 2012. "Do investment banks listen to their own analysts?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1452-1463.
- Chen, Carl R. & Diltz, J. David & Huang, Ying & Lung, Peter P., 2011. "Stock and option market divergence in the presence of noisy information," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2001-2020, August.
- Anolli, Mario & Beccalli, Elena & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank earnings forecasts, risk and the crisis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 309-335.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9407-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Papastamos, Dimitrios & Matysiak, George & Stevenson, Simon, 2015. "Assessing the accuracy and dispersion of real estate investment forecasts," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 141-152.
- Danling Jiang & Alok Kumar & Kelvin K. F. Law, 2016. "Political contributions and analyst behavior," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 37-88, March.
- Dimitrios Papastamos & George Matysiak & Simon Stevenson, 2014. "A Comparative Analysis of the Accuracy and Uncertainty in Real Estate and Macroeconomic Forecasts," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2014-06, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Rui Fragoso & Maria Leonor da Silva Carvalho, 2013.
"Estimation of cost allocation coefficients at the farm level using an entropy approach,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1893-1906.
- Ruben M.T. Peixinho & Richard J. Taffler, 2011. "Are analysts misleading investors? The case of goingconcern opinions," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2011_22, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Grant, Andrew & Jarnecic, Elvis & Su, Mark, 2015. "Asymmetric effects of sell-side analyst optimism and broker market share by clientele," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 49-65.
- Ramnath, Sundaresh & Rock, Steve & Shane, Philip, 2008. "The financial analyst forecasting literature: A taxonomy with suggestions for further research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 34-75.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:41:y:2006:i:01:p:169-196_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .