Order Submission Strategy and the Curious Case of Marketable Limit Orders
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bradley, Michael & Desai, Anand & Kim, E. Han, 1988. "Synergistic gains from corporate acquisitions and their division between the stockholders of target and acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 3-40, May.
- Brian J. Hall & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 1998. "Are CEOs Really Paid Like Bureaucrats?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 653-691.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989. "Management entrenchment : The case of manager-specific investments," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 123-139, November.
- Dann, Larry Y. & DeAngelo, Harry, 1988. "Corporate financial policy and corporate control : A study of defensive adjustments in asset and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 87-127, January.
- Paul Bolster & Don Chance & Don Rich, 1996. "Executive Equity Swaps and Corporate Insider Holdings," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(2), Summer.
- Denis, David J, 1990. " Defensive Changes in Corporate Payout Policy: Share Repurchases and Special Dividends," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1433-1456, December.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Oliver D. Hart, 1980. "Takeover Bids, the Free-Rider Problem, and the Theory of the Corporation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 42-64, Spring.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, pages 225-264.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon, 1992. " Dutch Auction Repurchases: An Analysis of Shareholder Heterogeneity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 71-105, March.
- David Scharfstein, 1988. "The Disciplinary Role of Takeovers," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 185-199.
- Denis, David J. & Denis, Diane K., 1993. "Managerial discretion, organizational structure, and corporate performance : A study of leveraged recapitalizations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 209-236, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaoshin Chiao & Zi-May Wang & Hsiu-Ling Lai, 2009. "Order submission behaviors and opening price behaviors: evidence from an emerging market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 253-278, October.
- Ming-Chang Wang & Lon-Ping Zu & Chau-Jung Kuo, 2010. "Risk aversion, order strategy and price formation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 627-640.
- Garvey, Ryan & Wu, Fei, 2009. "Intraday time and order execution quality dimensions," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 203-228, May.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2005. "Dimensions of execution quality: Recent evidence for US equity markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 553-582, December.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Osler, Carol L. & Schmeling, Maik, 2010.
"Limit-order submission strategies under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2665-2677, November.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Carol L. Osler & Maik Schmeling, 2010. "Limit-Order Submission Strategies under Asymmetric Information," CESifo Working Paper Series 3054, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cooney, John Jr. & Sias, Richard W., 2004. "Informed trading and order type," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1711-1743, July.
- Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2008. "Liquidity and market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 249-268, February.
- Goldstein, Michael A. & Kavajecz, Kenneth A., 2004. "Trading strategies during circuit breakers and extreme market movements," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 301-333, June.
- Withanawasam, R.M. & Whigham, P.A. & Crack, Timothy Falcon, 2013. "Characterizing limit order prices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(21), pages 5346-5355.
- Bacidore, Jeffrey & Battalio, Robert H. & Jennings, Robert H., 2003. "Order submission strategies, liquidity supply, and trading in pennies on the New York Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 337-362, May.
- Vo, Minh T., 2007. "Limit orders and the intraday behavior of market liquidity: Evidence from the Toronto stock exchange," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 379-396, March.
- Alessandro Beber & Cecilia Caglio, 2005. "Order Submission Strategies and Information: Empirical Evidence from the NYSE," FAME Research Paper Series rp146, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Harris, Lawrence E. & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh, 2005. "The information content of the limit order book: evidence from NYSE specialist trading decisions," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 25-67, February.
- Jenwittayaroje, Nattawut & Charoenwong, Charlie & Ding, David K. & Yang, Yung Chiang, 2015. "Trading costs on the Stock Exchange of Thailand," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-40.
- Ingrid Lo & Stephen G. Sapp, 2005. "Order Submission: The Choice between Limit and Market Orders," Staff Working Papers 05-42, Bank of Canada.
- Nguyen, Van T. & Van Ness, Bonnie F. & Van Ness, Robert A., 2005. "Archipelago's move towards exchange status: An analysis of Archipelago trading in NYSE and NASDAQ stocks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 541-554.
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:20:y:2017:i:01:n:s0219024917500054 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bülent, Köksal, 2008. "Participation Strategy of the NYSE Specialists to the Trades," MPRA Paper 30512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bidisha Chakrabarty & Zhaohui Han & Konstantin Tyurin & Xiaoyong Zheng, 2006. "A Competing Risk Analysis of Executions and Cancellations in a Limit Order Market," Caepr Working Papers 2006-015, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:37:y:2002:i:02:p:221-241_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.