The Market Reaction to the Choice of Accounting Method for Stock Splits and Large Stock Dividends
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Su, Dongwei, 2005. "Corporate finance and state enterprise reform in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 118-148.
- Ravi Dhar & William Goetzmann & Ning Zhu & EFA Moscow, 2004. "The Impact of Clientele Changes: Evidence from Stock Splits," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm369, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:338-345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chin-Sheng Huang & Chun-Fan You & Hueh-Chen Lin, 2014. "Dividend-Yield Trading Strategies: Evidence from the Chinese Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 382-399.
- Yagüe, José & Gómez-Sala, J. Carlos & Poveda-Fuentes, Francisco, 2009. "Stock split size, signaling and earnings management: Evidence from the Spanish market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 31-47.
- Cahit Adaoglu & Meziane Lasfer, 2011. "Why Do Companies Pay Stock Dividends? The Case of Bonus Distributions in an Inflationary Environment," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5-6), pages 601-627, June.
- Bechmann, Ken L. & Raaballe, Johannes, 2004. "The Differences Between Stock Splits and Stock Dividends," Working Papers 2004-1, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Finance.
- Nan-Ting Kuo, 2013. "Dividend tax signaling and the pricing of future earnings: a case of taxable stock dividends," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 539-570, April.
- Kuo, Nan-Ting & Lee, Cheng-Few, 2013. "Effects of dividend tax and signaling on firm valuation: Evidence from taxable stock dividend announcements," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 157-180.
- Susana Menéndez & Silvia Gómez-Ansón, 2003. "Stock splits: motivations and valuation effects in the Spanish market," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 27(3), pages 459-490, September.
- Huang, Chin-Sheng & You, Chun-Fan & Lin, Szu-Hsien, 2009. "Cash dividends, stock dividends and subsequent earnings growth," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 594-610, November.
- Wulff, Christian, 1999. "The market reaction to stock splits: Evidence from Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,42, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Tanner, Sally, 2004. "Further evidence on the announcement effect of bonus shares in an imputation tax setting," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 147-170, August.
- Sophie Manigart & Koen De Waele, 1999. "Choice dividends and contemporaneous earnings announcements on a small stock market: an empirical study," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 161, pages 27-56.
- Ahern, Kenneth R., 2009. "Sample selection and event study estimation," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 466-482, June.
- Kalotychou, Elena & Staikouras, Sotiris K. & Zagonov, Maxim, 2009. "The UK equity market around the ex-split date," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 534-549, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:32:y:1997:i:02:p:161-182_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.