Does Market Risk Really Explain the Size Effect?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven L. Heston & K. Geert Rouwenhorst & Roberto E. Wessels, 1999.
"The Role of Beta and Size in the Cross-Section of European Stock Returns,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 5(1), pages 9-27.
- Steven Heston & K. Rouwenhorst & Roberto Wessels, 2008. "The Role of Beta and Size in the Cross-Section of European Stock Returns," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm86, Yale School of Management.
- Daniel, Kent & Titman, Sheridan, 1997.
" Evidence on the Characteristics of Cross Sectional Variation in Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Kent Daniel & Sheridan Titman, 1996. "Evidence on the Characteristics of Cross Sectional Variation in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 5604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R., 2000. "Uniformly least powerful tests of market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 361-389, March.
- Davis, James L., 1996. "The cross-section of stock returns and survivorship bias: Evidence from delisted stocks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 365-375.
- Tang, Gordon Y. N. & Shum, Wai C., 2003. "The conditional relationship between beta and returns: recent evidence from international stock markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 109-126, February.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:19:y:2013:i:2:p:131-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Basher, Syed A. & Sadorsky, Perry, 2006. "Oil price risk and emerging stock markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 224-251, December.
- Pandey I M, 2001. "The Expected Stock Returns of Malaysian Firms: A Panel Data Analysis," IIMA Working Papers WP2001-09-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Nawazish Mirza & Ghalia Shabbir, 2005. "The Death of CAPM: A Critical Review," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 35-54, Jul-Dec.
- Tang, Gordon Y. N. & Shum, Wai Cheong, 2003. "The relationships between unsystematic risk, skewness and stock returns during up and down markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 523-541, October.
- Hung, Jung-Hua & Liu, Yong-Chin, 2005. "An examination of factors influencing airline beta values," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 291-296.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Wang, Zhenyu, 1996.
" The Conditional CAPM and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 3-53, March.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Zhenyu Wang, 1996. "The conditional CAPM and the cross-section of expected returns," Staff Report 208, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Young-Hye Cho & Robert F. Engle, 1999. "Time-Varying Betas and Asymmetric Effect of News: Empirical Analysis of Blue Chip Stocks," NBER Working Papers 7330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dimitrios Kyriazis & Chris Christou, 2013. "A Re-examination of the Performance of Value Strategies in the Athens Stock Exchange," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 19(2), pages 131-151, May.
- Lee, Kiseok & Ni, Shawn, 1995. "Systematic risk over various frequency bands: An empirical analysis of returns on size-ranked portfolios," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 77-83, July.
- Feng, Fang & Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson H. S., 2004. "Do government-linked companies underperform?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 2461-2492, October.
- Dusan Isakov, 1999.
"Is beta still alive? Conclusive evidence from the Swiss stock market,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 202-212.
- Isakov, D., 1997. "Is Beta Still Alive? Conclusive Evidence from the Swiss Stock market," Papers 97.17, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- Tang, Gordon Y. N. & Shum, Wai Cheong, 2004. "The risk-return relations in the Singapore stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 179-195, April.
- George Leledakis & Ian Davidson & George Karathanassis, 2003. "Cross-sectional estimation of stock returns in small markets: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 413-426.
- Christian Fieberg & Armin Varmaz & Thorsten Poddig, 2016. "Covariances vs. characteristics: what does explain the cross section of the German stock market returns?," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 9(1), pages 27-50, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:27:y:1992:i:03:p:337-351_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.